Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an issue with electrical.
3 days ago I got on the burg and battery was dead. We had just had a very mild cold snap (got down to about 45 degrees) I assumed the battery was due to die so went and got new and installed. Scoot started fine. Rode it around the block and parked it. Got on it again 2 days later and it started fine and rode it for about 20 to 25 minutes and got about 1 block from house and scoot started sputtering and trying to stall/die. got home and it died as soon as I came to a stop. Tried to start and the brand new battery was dead. Hooked up to car bat with cables and burg started fine. Un hooked cables after a few minutes and burg ran fine for a couple of minutes then sputtered and died. Rehooked to car bat and starts and runs ok till disconnect cables.

After a little research on electrical, I assume I have a bad stator or regulator/rectifier.
Does the symptoms match anyones previous problem or can someone give me some advice on this problem?

Audie

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guys this is a 2009 Burgman Exec.

I have an issue with electrical.
3 days ago I got on the burg and battery was dead. We had just had a very mild cold snap (got down to about 45 degrees) I assumed the battery was due to die so went and got new and installed. Scoot started fine. Rode it around the block and parked it. Got on it again 2 days later and it started fine and rode it for about 20 to 25 minutes and got about 1 block from house and scoot started sputtering and trying to stall/die. got home and it died as soon as I came to a stop. Tried to start and the brand new battery was dead. Hooked up to car bat with cables and burg started fine. Un hooked cables after a few minutes and burg ran fine for a couple of minutes then sputtered and died. Rehooked to car bat and starts and runs ok till disconnect cables.

After a little research on electrical, I assume I have a bad stator or regulator/rectifier.
Does the symptoms match anyones previous problem or can someone give me some advice on this problem?

Audie

I am an idiot sometime (well most of the time) 2009 650 Burgman Exec

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Voltage Test

Please State Model Year

What you need is a Voltage Reader/Tester with it, it should read 14 Volts when engine is Running.. If your not getting but 12 Volts when engine is running then it may be a bad stator
Elliott, are you saying to test the voltage at the battery terminals? I assume
your meaning I should be getting a 14 volt reading there because the regulator/rectifier is sending 14 volts to the battery?

Audie :confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.