Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put one of those annual state park (or provincial park) stickers on the windscreen of their scoot? I scrape my sticker off my car's windshield annually with a razor blade, and am wondering about getting one off of a plastic windscreen without scratching it. One option I'm considering is adhering it to a piece of thin clear plastic and then putting it on the windscreen with a little bit of clear tape.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Your idea of applying to another piece of plastic has merit, I think it just went the wrong direction a t the last turn. Try getting some of the plastic sheet that sticks to glass or plastic w/o adhesive, you know, like the Colorforms my kid used to play with. I know they make it clear, I've used it before (making track numbers for my truck) but I couldn't tell you where to get it as it was given to me.

Just a thought...

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
frugality wrote (snipped)
One option I'm considering is adhering it to a piece of thin clear plastic
Perhaps you could mount that below your plate on the plastic .
Or the sticker mounted on a piece of plastic then with two very small holes, nut & bolt it to the windshield.
I do not think scraping or a solvent will work to well.

·
Registered
73 Posts
A product called GooGone sprayed over a sticker on these types of windshields will loosen the sticker and get the "sticky" off as well. Wont hurt the windshield as it's a citrus product.

·
Registered
90 Posts
cut it as small as you can. then afix it to the dash under the windshield. It will be much easier to remove, plus you won't have to look thru it.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I refuse to stick something like that on my scooter. Nebraska requires it for their park permit, so I just don't buy one. When I toured South Dakota Black Hills and Badlands last Summer, they had no problem with me keeping the permits in my glovebox. The Black Hills was state run, the Badlands was federal. But those were 3 day permits. The states are paranoid about folks using annual stickers on more than one vehicle. I think that is wrong to begin with. If you buy a permit, you should be able to enter the park driving any vehicle you own. To ask folks to buy 3 permits if they have 2 cars and a motorcycle is dumb - and I will not support that policy. So they end up selling me zero permits a year, when they could easily sell me one.

I apologize for the rant, but this is a pet peeve of mine. :evil:

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Here in Texas I don't have that problem---Handicap plate ---
Thinking about getting one for the bike also, but I carry the paper work on the bike :)

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Why not use a small velcro dot? Put one part of the dot on your dash and the other on the back of the sticker that is mounted on your choice of materials. That way when you buy a new sticker, you simply remove the old and afix the new.

Madonna

·
Registered
25 Posts
My brother always put lip medic, lip balm on the windshield of his car before mounting the sticker. Then it will peel right off next year. I don't know how it will work on plastic yet, but I am going to try it when I get a sticker for the bike.
In Michigan they frown on having the sticker on something that could be transferred to another vehicle. I know, it sucks, but it's true.
Steve :)

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Back in the '80's, growing up in Wisconsin, my dad put the state park sticker on a piece of thin, clear plastic. Then he would put it up against the windshield, held in place by his sunglasses case. He got found out eventually, and they made him stick one on the windshield. Like pauljo, we had 2 cars and wanted to be able to use eithe one without buying 2 stickers. My dad is cheap. :wink: On the one hand, I do think a family shouldn't have to pay for more than one, but on the other hand, it keeps people from handing them off to friends and it's usually only on the order of $25 per year.

I'm sorta surprised that few if any other people have put park stickers on their scooters. One of my favorite things to do on a weekend is drive about 1-1/2 hours north of here, up along a senic backroad to my favorite state park on the shore of Lake Michigan, go for a hike, and drive back. I only did it once last year on the Hawk, but will be doing much more of it on the scoot. It'll be really nice having a place to stow riding gear while I'm out hiking.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I would have liked a park sticker that I could put on my rear mud flap. However they don't make those anymore in my area. So I wound up carrying scotch tape and just attach the permit to my dash. When I come back from my walk I take the dang thing off and stowe it in my glove compartment. So far no one has stolen it. I also let as many park rangers as I see know that I have a permit should I forget to put the thing on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts