Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
experienced something similar last year on my AN650K3 exec., in NZ. Had a fairly new battery less than a year old Motobatt brand, anyways the bike was parked for a while as I am often between Asia, OZ and NZ. During last May 2012 I found the scoot to be experiencing some starting pains, even though I'd been using the scoot for a week or two on my return to NZ without any difficulty. It started fine each time, I used it which was daily riding anything from between 100km-1000km+ in a day (I racked up 10000km in 2 months). Anyways, after a time the scoot developed a starting problem, pretty much as a flat battery and had to jump start it several times, once under-way all good. After a couple of days of this though, the scoot would start, but then the battery was not keeping a charge. I found myself stranded at one point having ridden away from families home in Hawkes Bay and turning the scoot of at one stop too many. Wouldn't start. Battery dead. Thankfully I have NZAA membership so called them up and they sent a mobile mechanic out to jump start the scoot, he also checked the battery with a tester and found it to be bad, but said to double check with a sparky. I got myself a trickle charger and used that for a week or so, but the situation deteriorated to the point where I swung by an auto-electrician ("sparky") who checked the voltages coming out of the alternator/generator side of the equation. All good there. He checked the battery and found it was bad. Had a new Motobatt sent from Auckland overnight, as the sparky's price was a bit rich. Fitted it myself. No problems since.

Get a new battery.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.