Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My starter switch is stuck on start! It's just flopping back and forth. Anyone have any idea's? Tim . Thanks

·
Premium Member
14,226 Posts
The contacts and/or spring inside the switch is stuck. A number of folks have has this happen on both the 400 and 650. You may be able to get it working by spraying contact cleaner or WD40 into the switch. If not you will need to take the switch apart and free the contacts.

·
Registered
101 Posts
You are describing the same issue I have a couple of weeks ago. What I did is explained in the above mentioned link.

I would recommend pulling the switch apart. When you reach the plastic switch button casing, gently pull the switch apart and clean and make sure the components are smooth. LIGHTLY apply the dielectric grease and make sure to use a very fine sanding paper on the four contact points.

The biggest suggestion I have is to make sure when reattaching the switch with the screw to make sure it is firmly and securely imbedded. I had to take apart the switch after the first try since it was slightly askew causing the switch to stick and caused the lights to intermittantly turn off and on.

After a week of constant use, all problems are solved. Just take your time and be patient. I am not electrically gifted but the support from this forum is second to none.

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts