Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband is trying to install the relay that goes near the battery into my Burgman 650 executive. Does anyone have any printed instructions on how to install or know of any video's on this site????? Photo's attached below.

2549.jpeg

2547.jpeg

·
Administrator
18,708 Posts
I just went over to LeDude's Burgman Center and found nothing. What is he needing? I could go take a picture of mine if needed.

A Link to LeDude's center. Click on the blue LeDude<<<<

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We look at the LeDude's site as well can could find nothing. He just want's to know how to re-install it back into the bike. YouTube has nothing either!

·
Administrator
18,708 Posts
I will go out and take another picture but here's 2 wiring shots. Click on pic to enlarge.

Starter Relay 001.JPG

Starter Relay 002.JPG

The relay has a rubber anti-shock base that has two slots on the bottom and those slits slide over these mounting clips on the battery cover.

battery cover 001.JPG

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We appreciate the pictures. What he is looking for how to install a universal relay switch. This is what happened. On Memorial Day we went to leave a bbq. When I turned the key to start my Burgman the bike would not start. The lights worked and the mirrors folded but the bike would not turn on so he thought it was the battery. We had just replaced the battery a few weeks prior. So we tried jump starting the bike and nothing happened. After being towed home the next day we replaced the battery thinking it was that. Still problem with the replaced battery. When this did not work he called the shop that we deal with and they said it was probably the starter relay and they just happened to have 1 in stock. He tried installing it today and the bike is still not turning over.

·
Administrator
18,708 Posts
I have to ask these things as they are sometimes over looked.

The kill switch in run position?
The brake lights come on what a lever is pulled?
Sidestand up?
Checked all fuzes? I think there is one that is marked "Signal" that the start relay goes thru.

What happens if with the key in the run position and he shorts the red and black lugs of the starter relay together? It should crank.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I'll bet the side stand switch is stuck in the closed position . Tell your husband to put the bike on the center stand and look under the bike near the side stand , at the top he will find a switch that will not allow the bike to start if the side stand is down . If it is stuck he will have to pull the plunger on the switch out and lube it up so it doesn't get stuck . If the bike is on the center stand while he is looking under the bike he can work the side stand by hand and see if the switch is working properly .

TheReaper!

·
Administrator
18,708 Posts
Preziosi64, Where you and hubby located? If near by another member, one of us could drop by and lend a hand.

I could do a wiring diagram for ya so you could use even a 50's style Ford Starting Relay. Over kill for a motorcycle but they flat work.
http://burgmanusa.com/forums/members/21360-preziosi64.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts