Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My rear brake light switch problems have now migrated to the front brake light switch. I used to start my scoot by squeezing my left brake and then engaging the starter switch. Yesterday it would only engage the started with the right brake lever pulled. Now I am having intermittent problems with the right switch. Could I be experiencing a relay failure? I find it hard to believe both my brake light bewitches went out within one day of each other.
:confused:
No brake lights with the left brake pulled and no brake lights when I am having problems with the right brake. If I flick the right lever several times I can get brake lights and it will start but only on the right side.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Clean your brake switches with electrical contact cleaner! ;)

·
Premium Member
14,279 Posts
If the brake lights are not coming on then it is a problem with the brake light switches and not with the starter relay.

If cleaning them does not solve the problem, they are not expensive and easy to replace.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The contact cleaner did the trick!
Thanks Scootereno & Buffalo :)
The Radio Shack contact cleaner is a bit pricey but it did the trick. Strange that they were both in need of service within a day of each other.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts