Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you do that on a Burgman if your legs get stiff from sitting down too long? :?

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Dad said:
Can you do that on a Burgman if your legs get stiff from sitting down too long? :?
Yeah...you 'could' stand up. But I'd advise just pulling over and getting off of the burgman instead. The only time I partially stand up is when going over bumps. The burgman also has the advantage of floorboards so you can move your feet around into different positions to releave stiffness.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
If you are talking about just raising you butt off the seat for a short time, yes. I also move my feet to the top of the front running boards and push against the bump (I remove the buttrests) in the seat to raise my butt off the seat and stretch my legs.

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
I suspect that standing upright on the floorboards will raise the CG of you and the bike and cause some handling problems. Depending on your stature, it would also be a little awkward to reach the bars and brake levers and maintain control of the bike.
At 6'-2" and 260 lbs, if I tried to stand upright on my 650 I'd probably end up off the side of the road or worse. I'll stick to stretching my legs while sitting. :D

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
If you do stand up any while on the burgman, be very careful. One night on the way home it had been raining a bit and without thinking I stood on the floorboards crossing the local train tracks while my feet were towards the back of the bike. My right boot slid a bit and startled me more than a little. No spill ... but since then I make sure my feet are well planted in the forward position before standing to cross bumps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts