Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning! Am really excited - last night my husband and I bought a Burgman 650! Went actually looking at a Honda Silverwing, but fell in love with the design and features of the Burgman. Seeing the posts makes me confident we made a good decision. Will enjoy reading the other topics as we get more "into" our new scooter.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
last night my husband and I bought a Burgman 650! Went actually looking at a Honda Silverwing, but fell in love with the design and features of the Burgman.
This just shows your good taste and desire for the better things in life :lol:
Enjoy, I think you made a good choice . :!:

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the forum :wave: Congrats on your new ride. Did you bring it home already or do you have to wait a couple of days to get it?

Now I don't want to start a fight........but who gets to ride it first?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, we are picking it up in an hour...and I am going to let my husband ride it home for the first time!

Now, that may be the last time he gets to ride it...but I am not going to tell him that yet.

:roll:

They have not installed the rear seat rest yet because they won't have it in for a couple of days, but we didn't want to wait for that.

Peppermint Patty

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just another thought....this forum is great. I have read some helpful hints about the center stand.

We were struggling last night in the showroom trying to put the stand in place. I can't wait to try again with the hints I read about...plus there won't be twenty other motorcycles/scooters in a row waiting to fall if I bump or turn just the wrong way! LOL

·
Registered
68 Posts
New 650

Welcome to the Burgman Family! I am sure you will be thrilled with you new purchase . I am short of stature 5'6 and weigh approx 155lb but have no difficulty putting my 650 on the center stand. One tip I would suggest is make sure you have substantial foot wear on as all of your weight will be on one foot when you raise the bike onto the center stand .I normally wear a pair of low cut boots with a firm sole.also when you go to put it on the stand ensure that both sides of the stand are touching in other words that the bike is level after a few practices I am sure you will get the hang of it no Prob. Take Care and Enjoy/RW :lol:

·
Registered
969 Posts
Hey Patty (and Hub). Welcome and everything. Look around. I think we have another guy (an older guy) from your area who's looking for riding company. I'm directly across Illinois from you - on the East Coast of the Wabash :) but I've been known to ride to St. L. on a whim.

The Burger rocks! Now I haven't actually ridden a Wing, but I'm sure my Burger will take it - any road, any time. 8) :roll:

Steve

·
Registered
925 Posts
Patty,
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new 650. 8)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow! We are now full-fledged Burgman "fans!" I have been riding through our neighborhood getting used to our awesome scooter. The riding performance is great and, once you get used to the weight, it is easy to handle. :lol:

Steve, great news that you are just across the river. We hadn't seen anyone else ever on a Burgman - or really any other (lesser) scooters. We will be traveling more and more as we get used to the scooter. I think what may happen is my husband will love it so much, he will want one of his own! LOL!

Anyway, we are now proud and happy owners with a lot of adventure ahead.

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
Hi Patty,

Just wanted to welcome you to the forum, You made the right choice twice now. #2 the Burg and #1 the guy who bought it for you. You should let him ride every once and a while and maybe he'll buy one for himself. Go take some pictures of you, Burg and the St. Louis Arch, then post them. I've enjoyed the waterfront there many times.

Happy Trails
Poppy, #482

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hey Patti,

Welcome to the Forum!

Johnny

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hi from the east side. When I get my real license endorsement or enough hair we'll challenge the PSB(Poplar Street Bridge) or Chain of Rocks bridge to ride St. Louis. We'd love to do Ted Drewe's on a Burgman. I've got fellow employees @Metro Lighting locations that want to see our blue 400. Until then we'll continue to take the firetruck or burgman to Ted's or Bobby's in Maryville, or Anne's in Edw. or White Cottage in B'ville. I know good frozen custard locations. Hope to meet you and your husband around town someday.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Okay, who's old enough to remember buying concert tickets through
KSHE's studio window on Watson Road?
Or, even older yet to remember that KSHE played classical music in the mid 60's?

·
Registered
311 Posts
How does he do that? KSHE has been rocking St. Louis for some 35 or more years. And he knew about such things as Illinois rte 3 down to the Chester bridge. I'll bet he knows about the "Popeye the Sailorman" statue on the Illinois side of the bridge (because Popeye's author was from Chester). Patty, it's up to you to stump him. He seems pretty familiar with our area.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts