Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:walk: We went for a around trip today about 125 miles. It was great, the sun was out, the air was brisk. We got down in a state park called Devile's den. And done something we don't normley do. We took a drit raod. About 5 miles worth. It wasn't to bad. We took it slow, around 15 mph or less. We seen a small water fall along the road, & a beautiful creek running down thur the park. The prettyest blue green water i've ever seen. Well worth the slow go of the Burgman's. 8) Well we finaley hit some pavement and went over to a good hi-way going south. We went all the way into Van Buren. Which is just north of Fort Smith. We cut across I 40 there to go over to 71 hi-way to head back from there. We had a Burgman sighting there in Fayettville. That story is in Burgman sightings on this form. So I won't go into that. We stopped at a steak house in Fayettville to end up the ride. 8) I'm tellen you it don't get much better than that. :D

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Doug, it was nice here also. I got out for a 150 mile ride. It was a nice break from the winter. It recharged my batteries. Going out again today for a short ride. Spring can not be too far away?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Doug,
I think Spring has sprung for the snow belt. Lot of the birds are back. Changed all the break-in fluids on the wifes Burgy and sidecar. Was close to 60 degrees today in Iowa, but only got a short ride in, but I am not complaining.......... :D

Helix

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Guaranteed! By "Lil Bit" the Lexington N.C. hog who came out last wednesday and saw his shadow, thus proclaiming spring will soon be here. Lexington uses a hog instead of a "groundhog" since they claim to be the "Bar=B=Q" Capitol of the USA.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Ted,

Don't know about Lexington being the BBQ capital, but the BBQ is one thing I miss about living in NC. Took a little bit to get used to the difference, but I grew to like it.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Winter advisory in effect here. Freezing rain mid-morning, turning to snow this afternoon. Snow tonight, and probably again on Tuesday. High temps in the 20's and low 30's most of the week. Sigh... :cry:

·
Registered
65 Posts
ted clement said:
Guaranteed! By "Lil Bit" the Lexington N.C. hog who came out last wednesday and saw his shadow, thus proclaiming spring will soon be here. Lexington uses a hog instead of a "groundhog" since they claim to be the "Bar=B=Q" Capitol of the USA.
Ted,

Why do you have a Maryland flag for your avatar if you are from North Carolina? Terp fan perhaps :twisted:

Alan

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
The weather here in south-central PA has been great for the past twp days. Highs have been in the 50's and sunny. I've been tempted to ride but there's too much salt dust on the roads (can play hell on metal parts) and most intersections are still covered with the small stones the road crews spread on the snow/ice we've had in the past couple of weeks.
It's supposed to rain this week so that'll help clean the roads for the weekend - just hope the mild temps continue.
Don

·
Registered
719 Posts
The weather has been pretty nice in Raleigh for the past week. Chilly in the mornings, but warming up to mid 40s in the day. When I got up this morning at 8:00 and checked the temperature it was 33...one below my usual riding threshold. But, I figured it would warm up quickly. By the time I left the house about 8:40, it was almost 40 degrees outside. I had on my electric vest and gloves and the ski overpants. I remained toasty the whole day.

My regular Sunday bunch showed up for the Brunch Ride this morning at the Amoco. There were six of us: black Burgman, blue KLR, yellow Duc 748, red BMW R/RS, a used black ST1100 a buddy is thinking of buying from the Honda dealer, and a black Triumph Sprint.

We rode down to Southern Pines for breakfast, but did not eat at our usual Mac's for Breakfast. We ate at some new place and I did not even note the name. Gravel parking lot, into which pulls a stunning tan Bentley with a coco convertible top. Classiest part of the morning.

We got there at 11:00 and they were out of biscuits. Because of that, the waitress told us we would have to order from the lunch menu. We were in no mood. We told her that we wanted breakfast anyway, and that toast would be fine. Four of us had western omelets, two had the buffet. The coffee was so weak that if you looked into your cup, you could see China on the other side.

The guy on the ST1100 and I rode at a comfortable clip, the others rode more so, ahead out of sight most of the time, even getting off their bikes and waiting for us at certain stop signs. (Our protocol is that you can ride as fast as you want to, but you have to wait for the guy behind you any time the group turns off of one road onto another.)

Battery charger for Winter? I am my battery charger.

·
Registered
65 Posts
DonRich90 said:
The weather here in south-central PA has been great for the past twp days. Highs have been in the 50's and sunny. I've been tempted to ride but there's too much salt dust on the roads (can play hell on metal parts) and most intersections are still covered with the small stones the road crews spread on the snow/ice we've had in the past couple of weeks.
It's supposed to rain this week so that'll help clean the roads for the weekend - just hope the mild temps continue.
Don
Hey Don,

I was able to get out today. You are right about the gravel on the roads but I took it slow and easy. Went through Codorus State Park, there was still snow and ice on some of the roads. It was nice to get out on the bike.

Alan

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
You're right about Codorus. I went thru there yesterday in the car on my way to the hobby shop on Broadway (I think it's Broadway) to watch my nephew race his RC cars. Also, a car in front of me almost hit a deer that ran across Rte 216 right at the road that goes back to the marina. Didn't expect that at 2 PM.
Don

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Russell,

Other than them being out of biscuits, sounds like a nice Sunday ride. It's been several years since I've been down that route. Isn't Southern Pines about an hour trip down US1 from Raleigh?

·
Registered
719 Posts
Hey Bill,

In a cage, it is about one hour down US1. US1 is now a divided highway almost all the way from Raleigh to Southern Pines. The routes we ride usually touch on divided highways as little as possible, or not at all.

We left about 9:10 and got to the restaurant a few minutes before 11:00. We ride on bike (bicycle) routes and other country roads and get there eventually. Each Sunday we gather and decide where to go: typically Asheboro, Roxboro, Southern Pines, Chapel Hill (a short ride, if it's very cold), or Clarksville (VA).

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
I'm sure things have changed a lot since I lived over there in '88. I visited Raleigh breifly 2 times since then and didn't recognise parts of it anymore. I sure would like the chance to ride over there and go exploring some of my old haunts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts