Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My standard windscreen o my Burgman 400 caused buffeting around 60-70 MPH (I am sure yours does too) I recently installed a windscreen made by ERMAX, which is 6.5" shorter than the original. The result is a much smoother ride, no more buffeting. I admit there is more wind on my body and face, but if you have a full face helmet or one with face shield, that fact does not matter much.

·
Registered
244 Posts
You may be even happier with no windshield at all. I prefer a tall one to block bugs, empty beer cans and cigarette butts. Not to mention hand and face comfort.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
My standard windscreen o my Burgman 400 caused buffeting around 60-70 MPH (I am sure yours does too) I recently installed a windscreen made by ERMAX, which is 6.5" shorter than the original. The result is a much smoother ride, no more buffeting. I admit there is more wind on my body and face, but if you have a full face helmet or one with face shield, that fact does not matter much.
I had a similar experience on my TMAX. I bought it used, with the Givi touring screen on it. Besides being REALLY LOUD, the screen sloped back so much that it was just an inch or two from my face, which I didn't like at all.

I wasn't looking for a short screen, but I gave up trying to find a touring style screen that would be acceptable (not be so close to my face). I replaced it with a Powerbronze Double Bubble screen and found that not ONLY does it meet my "face proximity" needs, but it is also much quieter too. Yeah, I get a little wind in my face, but that's why I ride a motorcycle anyway. I can put my face visor down if I need to.

Highly recommend Powerbronze Double Bubble.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts