Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you can purchase the sport shield that's on the skywave Type S. If so How much is it? Where can you order it from? Has anyone road the burgman with one on.....

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Just a guess, but the Skywave Type S is a little new in the U.S. parts are going to be a little hard to find on the web.
I would check with a local dealer and see if he can get it, and how much

·
Registered
250 Posts
One consideration... changing the profile of the windscreen for looks is a personal choice, of course, but if you're looking for better performance by lowering wind resistance with a smaller screen, I'm not sure it'll help all that much, since you can't get yourself out of the windstream without assuming a very uncomfortable position for a Burgy. As long as you block air, performance won't really change. It may, in fact, worsen, as the air stream will no longer be smooth from the shape of the screen. (I'm doing a lot of reading into motorcycle design right now. The way to tell is take a photo of the bike from the same position with both screens, and overlay graph paper. The number of full and partial squares taken up by each configuration will determine if your wind profile will improve with a modification. Of course, that would mean having the S screen already, but some visualization will give the same idea without spending any money). Just a thought.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I'm hope the smaller screen will help when it's windy, I'm trying to reduce the barn door affect.

Hrdill,

"There are many like it............." is not a made for a movie chant. It's known as the rifleman's creed and it's official but I'm not sure what branch of service, maybe Marines?

Thanx,
Russ

·
Registered
250 Posts
Then I don't think it'll help, personally. You make a bigger barn door than the stock screen, and you aren't nearly as aerodynamic. Get on your bike on the centerstand in full gear, and have someone take a picture of you head on. Look at how much of you sticks out beyond the stock screen, and consider that you will be in the same position no matter what screen you have. Your profile will not change beyond the amount of space you occupy, and aerodynamics will be better on a smooth surface rather than the uneven surface of your riding gear / arms/ head. In addition, uneven aerodynamics will affect the way air moves around the bike, which is more likely to create low pressure spots behind your body which will make your ride much less comfortable, and actually reduce your gas mileage.

·
Registered
250 Posts
It is the marines, by the way... the quote I'm referring to is out of "Full-Metal Jacket" in which they are reciting the rifleman's creed before bed, holding their rifles at attention while lying on their bunks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts