Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had an MRI done recently on my low back and Sciatica, been have a lot more pain than usual lately.

The written report was two pages long and none of it was good. My MD and Chiropractor both are amazed at how well I get around with all the damage from Disc degeneration and Arthritis . Several of the disc's are out of whack between 5mm and 6mm :( and a bunch of nerve damage.:confused:

The MD has me scheduled to see a Neuro Surgeon in December .:tongue9:

But my Chiropractor showed me something called Spinal Decompression therapy. It will not fix the degeneration or arthritic problem , but will take the pressure off the spine and nerves. With time it will help the fluid to get back in to the areas affected and make life easier. It's expensive as all get out , but the first session was free and the results were very encouraging.

I Googled the procedure and it seems to work well for most people with a similar problem. I will do anything at this point to avoid surgery so am going to try it.

Wondered if anyone else has experience with Spinal Decompression Therapy ??

Thanks to any who reply.
Doug

·
Registered
169 Posts
At age 66, I recall only talking with ONE person in my life who felt better after having back surgery. All of the rest regret having had the surgeries. I injured my back 28 years ago, and in the past 4 years regular chiropractic care has given me a normal life back.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
At age 66, I recall only talking with ONE person in my life who felt better after having back surgery. All of the rest regret having had the surgeries. I injured my back 28 years ago, and in the past 4 years regular chiropractic care has given me a normal life back.
You have now heard of 2. I had microsurgery (http://www.back-surgery.com/types/microsurgery-on-the-spine/) on my back for a herniated disc a few years ago and the results were great. My friend had the same thing done a month or so ago and he is progressing well. The doctor performed the surgery in his operating room at his office and I went home an hour after the hour long surgery. I stopped at a restaurant on the way home. Another friend had the same thing done with conventional surgery about 15 years ago and it took him a year to recover.

·
Premium Member
8,366 Posts
yup. had it done, I had l3 and l4 problems, dr zemankewicz in Bartow sciatic pain yadayadayada the therapy works a treat, if it is done correctly, and you do what they tell you , after they stretch you out and you get ready to stand back up , and they say do it slow they aint kidding.
this procedure is not the best for round shaped people, because the harness tends to slide off and claustrophobics will need a valium before doing it as the upper part of the harness is a bit chest constrictive, but I would pay out of pocket to have it done if my sciatic nerve got pinched again , and the exercises they teach you will keep you out of their office if you will do them at the first sign of trouble at least, if not religiously
seems to me my first treatment I was not on muscle relaxers and the next 2 I was and they were more effective, the stretching weights were higher on the following treatments also so if you aren't real happy with the first treatment , don't give up , the first time you had sex wasn't so great either:confused:, but then you discovered girls :blob8:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts