Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I switch my speedometer from KPH to MPH? I went for a ride today and noticed it is now reading in KPH. Service manual makes no mention of how to change this. :?:

·
Registered
47 Posts
It's Easy

With the ignition on so that the displays are active, make sure your odometer is not in Trip A or Trip B mode. You want the total mileage on your Burgy displayed. Then hold down the Reset button for about two seconds & your speedo will switch from KPH to MPH. Works the same way to switch it back as well. I had my first service done at the dealer & when I picked up my bike it was set to KPH as well, so I had to look it up in the owner's manual to reset to MPH.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Couldn't find the owners manual. Finally tried disconnecting the ground wire from the battery and waited until the LCD clock display died, then I hooked the groun wire back up and Viola!, the display switched back to MPH. I unhooked the battery earlier this winter to put my battery tender leads on the battery, that is probably what switched it to KPH in the first place. :shock:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
btw, I thrned the ignition on, cycled the display to show total mileage, held down bith buttons for 2 seconds.......and the oil change interval displays, the speedometer does NOT change feom MPH to KPH. I tried it with all three displays, it ALWAYS cycles to the oil change interval. The only way to cycle the KPH and MPH display is to disconnect the battery, wait for the clock to die then reconnect. At least thats the way my bike works.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
reread the previous post and noted that it was ONLY the reset button that gets held down, not both. Thanks for the info :oops:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts