Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out today, and strapped the GPS to the bike to get an "alternative" reading to the speedometer. Well, guess what? I think I have heard this before but the thing is way off. 3 to 5 mile/per hour off. Anyone else have a similar experience? How much is everyone elses off? It does tend to make one go a bit slower!! :shock: Not neccesarily a bad thing!!
But I guess that maybe my point would be, with all the technology built in to the scooter, and over $5k price tag, Suzuki might build a better more accurate speedometer. Or, here's another question? Is this "fixable?" or one of those things you live with?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
I believe most all Burgmans are 10% fast (show 10% more than you are actually travelling at). So at 77 indicated you are going 70 MPH and at 33 indicated you are actually only going 30 MPH. I just adjusted in my head at first. Now I just go 77, 71, 66, 61, 55 or 50 (70, 65, 60, 55, 50 or 45, respectively). It's something i got used to. Not worth my hassle spending time and money adjusting.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
I agree! A FAQ forum would be an awesome addition! Perhaps these threads that keep getting referred to (my mods and others) could find a new hom or be copied to a new forum next to the N00b Questions forum?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts