Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For several thousand miles now I hear this spinning noise which appears to be coming from inside the dash behind the instrument cluster. My first thought is bad speedometer or cable. This is only noticeable at speeds about 40MPH and interestingly it almost appears to be tied to the tachometer since the noise ratio changes quickly with a quick blip of the throttle like the rise in RPMs. I assume the tachometer would not make a constant spinning type noise. The noise sounds like a wore out ungreased cable spinning quickly inside of a sleeve to best describe it.

I searched the forum, but did not find anyone else that had this issue. It does appear to be getting worse over time.

Thoughts?

Jamie

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Well, the Speedo does not use those Old style cables any more,Atleast the 2007-0000 the Speedo with Voltage Run By Wire + Sensor,

all needles are Electric Servo Voltage , So you will have to remove the Speedo, Open it and plug it in while it's Open to locate the Problem.

Elliott,

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
The speedo and tach don't spin, they are step motors. At a constant speed and RPM, there is nothing going on in either one, they are just holding the needles steady.

You sure it isn't some rattle that shows up at a certain condition of RPM and speed?

Or the high-quality Suzook :D windscreen rattling?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mike1nw said:
The speedo and tach don't spin, they are step motors. At a constant speed and RPM, there is nothing going on in either one, they are just holding the needles steady.

You sure it isn't some rattle that shows up at a certain condition of RPM and speed?

Or the high-quality Suzook :D windscreen rattling?
It could be anything really. I have a Givi screen on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts