Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure if this subject has been broached on this forum or not,But this is one area that I personally am not pleased with ,as on the Canadian AN650 the speedo is only in KLM's with NO reference to Miles what so ever. my trade in a Honda Helix gave one the choice at the touch on a button ,and I understand as do models sold in the UK . Does anyone have a cost to replace my existing speedometer with the dual version as I would like to have both to simplify things should I choose to ride in the USA.
Any ideas would be appreciated./RW

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just picked up my burger yesterday, and in my cover to cover reading of the manual last night, I thought there was a way to switch between miles and km. Some combination of holding buttons and turning the ignition. I don't have the manual with me at work, but check it out since I recall thinking "wow, cool" when I read that.

·
Registered
58 Posts
HI FULLERTON
WELCOME TO ALL UP NORTH- IN OHIO USA THE 650 HAS
TWO BUTTONS TO THE LEFT ON THE DASH TO SWITCH BACK AND FORTH
FROM MPH TO KLM'S. I WOULD BE SUPRISED IF THEY WOULD CHANGE MODEL DESIGN FOR EACH COUNTRY BUT ANY THING IS POSSIBLE. DOUBLE CHECK OWNERS MANUAL ON SPEEDO REF. LET US KNOW.
L.SKULSKI

·
Registered
48 Posts
hi i checked with a dealer in edmonton and it was 725.00 cdn .way to much for what you get . but was thinking that maybe someone should contact the DOT as i think it is a safety thing that it does not change. so if someone wants to persue this maybe we can get a recall

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Doug :I believe we are being used to get rid of those speedos with only klm's and I agree this is a safety concern that should be addressed by Suzuki for all of the bikes that are configured in klm's only. $700+/- is way too much considering what we have paid for the bike ,it should have come equiped to drive anywhere in North America.with both options covered.Seems strange that in the US and the UK you can get miles at the touch of a button but we are limited. just not kosher.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
L.SKULSKI said:
...IN OHIO USA THE 650 HAS
TWO BUTTONS TO THE LEFT ON THE DASH TO SWITCH BACK AND FORTH
FROM MPH TO KLM'S.
On my 2003 model the two buttons on the left only set the hours and minutes on the clock.

To switch from MPH to km/h and vice versa I hold in the "RESET" button (on the RIGHT side of the panel) for two seconds while the ignition is on.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I can confirm what Brian said on the 2004 model as well, I just tried it this morning. Make sure the ignition is on, and the odometer is displayed. Hold the "Reset" button for 2 seconds. I only switched to KM's for about 2 seconds, but what was interesting was that the odometer didn't change. I wonder if it will start tracking in KM's (would allow for you to "cheat" the odometer)...

I also wonder if the trip meters will switch to KMs... that would make travelling in "the rest of the world" much easier.

I wouldn't be too worried Canadians... in investigating some export processes at my company I found out the US has been "officially" on the metric system since the 1970's... wouldn't know it getting on the highway though![/quote]

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
pgray007 said:
but what was interesting was that the odometer didn't change. I wonder if it will start tracking in KM's (would allow for you to "cheat" the odometer)...

I also wonder if the trip meters will switch to KMs... that would make travelling in "the rest of the world" much easier.
Thanks for checking that out! I'll have to make a trip up to Canada some time to use that feature.

As for the odometer, since KMs would be a higher figure than miles, I don't think I'd like to "cheat" in that direction. Having the trip meters switch might be handy though.

Just had an evil thought. I suspect that my wife occasionally looks over my shoulder at the speedometer display when she rides on the back. I could goof on her a bit here...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts