Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please give us accurate speedometers on all Suzuki's. The Speedometers on both my AN650 and DL1000 read about 10% high. Many of us find that to be very annoying. I could live with a speedometer that was 1% or 2% high, but 10% is way too much error.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Used to have a HONDA HELIX with big digital speedo...spot on accurate.

Are Suzuki cars in error also? Don't think so. Make the scooter accurate please!

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
You know, I've wondered whether my speedo is too low--was doing the speed limit on several roads today and had people acting as if I were going too slow.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One thing I can say for sure is that I'm tired of dealing with an inaccurate speedometer. I have to do that on both of my new Suzukis. It bothered me a lot on my recently completed trip. I know the error exists on other Japanese motorcycles, as well as Suzuki. I know they have been like this for years. I am tired of it. There is no excuse for not providing an accurate speedometer. It's way past time to do so! I wish Suzuki would not only fix it, but provide a retro-fix for recent year models.

See, its simple. I just want to know how fast I'm really going. I don't think that is a lot to ask. We know the speedo reads high? But how high? Is it a 10% error? Is it a 5 mph error? Is a state trooper going to care what I "thought" my real speed is as he writes me a ticket? I don't think so.

That we are having to try and deal with this is simply ridiculous.

I know this is my second post on the issue, but I am rapidly losing patience with the inaccurate speedometer. It is time for Suzuki to step forward and deal with this.

·
Registered
270 Posts
speedometor error

I was wondering if suzkui would fix the error under warranty. After all it is a manufacture defect in the bike. Are you not liable for defects in the motorcyles & scooter that you build?

G

·
0 Posts
Speedmeter

Just got a tickit for doing 62 in a 55, I thought I could estimate out the inacurate MPH, guess I did not do so well...This is really dumb. $125.00 worth of dumb

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have a friend who has a car with an accurate speedo so I paced my 400 with his; the 400's speedo is 3-4 MPH fast. I agree; the speedos should be accurate.

WLB :)

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Speed error

Discovered my 06-400 has a 10% negative error in the speedometer. I notice that a large number of owners have the same problem. I cannot believe Suzuki has not corrected this problem on new scooters and has allowed such a dissatified customer relation issue to remain without a recall for correction..Since I can find no simple correction in the Forem my scooter is going back to the Dealership next week,acompanied by a loud-loud gripe.

Suzuki better wake up

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
I don't like not knowing my speed either.

It's such a simple thing to do that they have to be doing it on purpose.

So far, the only reply from Suzuki that anyone has posted here is that the 10% issue is "within tolerances" and therefore not needing any correction.

Someone here has sent an inquiry to Suzuki and has promised to pass along their comments.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
I get so use to adding, that I start adding 12%, then maybe 16%, pretty soon I realize I'm adding 20% and justifying it with the speedo is off anyways. Does seen that a company like Suzuki should find shame in the inaccuracy of the speedometer and fix it just so the customer doesn't start wondering where else they showed shoddy engineering.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Speedometer Error

I have used a GPS to confirm that the speedo on my 2006 Burgman 650 is 10% over true speed. My brother's 2001 dual sport 400 is almost exactly the same as mine at various speeds. Have the marketing folks over ruled the engineers?

·
Registered
3 Posts
My wife drives a Suzuki XL-7 SUV.

We own a AN400 and a DL650.

I've used a GPS to verify. The XL-7's speedo is perfect. The AN400 and DL650 are both off by about 8%. :x

They got it right on the car, why not the bikes?

Over the winter I'll be replacing the faceplate on my DL650 with a correctly calibrated one. I havent seen these for the AN400 yet.

http://11109.rapidforum.com/topic=106875573235

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
You can't even really call this phenomenon an error. That would imply that someone made a mistake. This is intentional, for god only knows what reason. Same thing applies to the capping off of my MPG computer at 50. I bet the programmer loved having to put that stupid code in the chip.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts