Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have anything after market to fix your speedometer, get it out of your bike, and if you just want yours fixed, do this. If you take apart the bike to get to the gauge cluster, all you need to do is find a good speedometer shop, and they can calibrate it for you! It's not too hard to get to, no added equipment, keeps the odometer correct, and just flat out fixes the problem! And it's quite a bit cheaper than buying anything to add to it.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Do you think anyone will understand this - are you missing some key and vital information? No offence intended.;)

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
My inquiries to speedometer "fix" shops always gave the same result:

No I can't make it show the correct speed, but I can make the odo show whatever mileage you find correct
Sort of like your age is how old you feel.

On analog speedos, you can make a new face with a corrected scale.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry about leaving out key points. Got excited and fingers couldn't keep up with thoughts. But, what they did with mine, is checked what the odometer and speedometer were showing, compared that to the calibrated, official dinometer, and adjusted from there. Took one day. I didn't even have to bring the whole bike and be charged to take it apart. Not too hard to do. So, not too expensive. You have to find a reputable place that has the right tool for the job. The place I go to in AZ is dicks's speedo shop. They've been here for over 50 years. Awesome people. So, if you can find a guy local to do it, great, or there is a guy on eBay that will fix it for you too.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
AFIK most modern motor vehicles with electronic analog speedometers use a stepper motor to turn the needle to a certain position according to the measured speed, so it's not a question of adjusting the spring like in an Eddy current speedometer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts