Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a GPS and the speedo is exactly 10k slow. This is silly in a digital instrument and it won't make me drive slower. It is just annoying.
This should be software fixable and VERY accurate, please do it and upgrade all of us, or better yet make it field adjustable to allow for tire wear.

ray

·
Registered
24 Posts
My GPS at 55 mph, the speedo says 62. All the time I thought I was riding 80 on the interstate nows turns out to be 72 !

Surely they can do better than that.

Dave

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Yes, Suzuki, take a stand. Be the very first Motorcycle manufacturer that puts an accurate speedometer on their motorcycles.

Yea, you can blame the error on your lack of ability to convert from metric to american measurements if you want, but that just makes you look uninformed. My PDA can do the conversion. My calculator can too. My tape measure can, and so can most rulers or yardsticks one can buy today in the USA.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
There isn't any reason that the digital speedo can't be right on, or within a mph or so. Suzuki chooses this overstatement on purpose for some reason. From what I hear, it's common on motorcycles. My analog cage speedos are far more accurate.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Brewman said:
There isn't any reason that the digital speedo can't be right on, or within a mph or so.
There is also no reason a digital speedo can't have a user-adjustable calibration feature. My $9.95 walmart-bought Schwinn bike computer does.

So once again I'll say: Suzuki? Are you reading this? I want an accurate speedometer!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts