Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, I just switched from my 2007 400 to a 650 executive, 2008. I am trying to swap my Speedohealer from the 400 into the 650. According to the Speedohealer site, they are suppose to be compatible. If anyone with here has it on their 650, could you please tell me where the speed sensor coupling is located to attach the Speedohealer?? :fucyc: Much appreciated!
Mark

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
The actual sensor is on the final drive/swing arm left side under the cover on top. It connects to the frame harness under the left side panel. I think the best person to talk to would be ErikDK on here.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks MJR. I contacted the Speedohealer tech guy and after several email exchanges I finally figured out that my harness for my 400 did not work on my 650. I ordered the right one and will install it as soon as it comes. I see the right plug already.....which is the one I figured it was to begin with!!

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Installing a SpeedoHealer on a 650 moves the whole gear range, so auto becomes halfway between current auto and "power" mode, and power mode consequently further up into the rpm range.

Engine braking at lower speeds will become quite abrupt.
The cure is installing an extra wire to lead the unhealed speed signal to the CVT-controller part of the ECU.

You can reach the ECU plug from underneath, over the front fender. Locate the pink wire, cut it an inch from the plug and connect the new wire to the short pink wire and isolate the pink wire of the harness.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the extra info on the install! That makes sense. I've always wondered how the corrected speed would affect the odometer too?

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I've always wondered how the corrected speed would affect the odometer too?
I'm not sure most realize that there are two errors, one with the speedometer, and one with the odometer. What makes even less sense is there is a difference between them.:confused: The speedometer generally reads 10-12% high and the odometer reads about 2% high so making the speedometer read correctly makes the odometer read say 8% low.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts