Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for those of you on 400's that have used the Speedo Healer and whether you were satisfied or not and also how easy it was to install. I know that if I had a 650 I would probably shy away from one because of the auto/manual transmission.

Have done a search on the topic and read lots of pros/cons, but was more interested in hearing from only those who had one on their 400.

Thanks!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I don't have a speedo healer, but one rainy day project I have is to build a new overlay for my instrument cluster. It seems to be the solution with the fewest side effects.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
How far off is the speedometer? I would guess that the Healer messes with the signal from the speed sensor?

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
about 10% optimistic, and yup that's exactly what it does

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Couldn't you just use an adapter Y-harness with male and female plug like we do with the SpeedoHealer on the 650's?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I got the Speedo Healer installed yesterday and before I did my friend loaned me his GPS so that I could compare the speed on the speedometer vs the GPS speed. This gave me a good indication of being off about off 5 mph under the GPS. From there I used an online calculator for percentage of calibration. http://www.healtech-electronics.com/ht_sh_online_calculator_en.swf

I noticed on the link there was mentioned that the Speedo doesn't go under the seat. That might be true for some models, but not for my 2012. See the attached photo of it under the seat.
Well duh, did the browse for the attachment and assumed it would post, but guess there is more to it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts