Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
downloaded a speedo app on my phone... didn't even know they existed... sure can use that in my car at night, since my dash lights don't work... anyway... my b400 is exactly 10% off... 30 was 27, 50 was 45, 80 was 72... iphone 4 fits perfect in upper storage compt... on another note... got it to an indicated 100... (90 actual) at 9000 rpms... (8500 redline)...

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
downloaded a speedo app on my phone... didn't even know they existed... sure can use that in my car at night, since my dash lights don't work... anyway... my b400 is exactly 10% off... 30 was 27, 50 was 45, 80 was 72... iphone 4 fits perfect in upper storage compt... on another note... got it to an indicated 100... (90 actual) at 9000 rpms... (8500 redline)...
In most cars, dash lights not working is an indication
that you also don't have any tail-lights....they're
paired....thanks to fed. gov. regulations.....or maybe...
all the little light bulbs are burned-out.
I was down to only one light-bulb myself, onetime.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Yeah the speedo error is one thing that makes me insane on this bike. No reason for it either - on my 99 Honda Helix the speedo is dead on at all speeds. It gets off by 1mph or so as the tires wear but that margin of error I can live with.

I've simply learned to do the math on my speedo on the Burgman though - small complaint in the grand scheme of things.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In most cars, dash lights not working is an indication
that you also don't have any tail-lights....they're
paired....thanks to fed. gov. regulations.....or maybe...
all the little light bulbs are burned-out.
I was down to only one light-bulb myself, onetime.

no, its the switch... it used to work if i twisted the knob back and forth, then it just stopped... don't feel like spending a few hun on a new switch assembly...

·
Registered
48 Posts
I spent the money on a speedhealer.

Very easy to install and program. Now my speed o, is exactly the same as GPS at every speed.

To me it's just poor or lazy engineering on Suzuki.

If I can spend 117 on a part that fixes the speed o, then I know a big ass manufacturer can certainly do it for even less. OR JUST PUT THE right resistor in in the first place.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I think it was the only way they could make it break 100 mph

104 was top speed a friend of mine could get out of it. :)

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I think it was the only way they could make it break 100 mph

104 was top speed a friend of mine could get out of it. :)
DING DONG we've got a winner over here.

If Suzuki ever decides to make their speedometers accurate, they will have to add a warning sticker:

WARNING: SPEEDOMETER DISPLAYS ACTUAL SPEED

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Or, OBJECTS AHEAD ARE CLOSER THAN THEY APPEAR :D

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
My 400 only hit 95 once, and that was on a down hill @ 9500 RPMs. I think my big windshield drops it at least 3 mph. ?

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Actual?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts