Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I UTMFSE without a conclusive answer.

I found out why oil lands in the breather box, which was fascinating reading but I'm not pulling my engine apart to put new style rings in it.

I ride the highway a lot and generally, our highways aren't doing 80-90 in all lanes. Sometimes yes, sometimes when it's quiet I want to ride 909mph but overall I guess I'd be running an average speed of 125 kph (75mph).

Is this in the range the 400 starts to blow oil into the air filter box?

·
Registered
21 Posts
My poor english do not let me know if I understand exactly what are u asking... but let me try.
AN400 blow oil to air filter at all RPM... just more in hi RPM and less in low RPM.
That is caused by low air pressure in air filter... the oil vapor in carter are more when engine is more hot.
The rings, often have nothing (or few) to do with this.
It is clear my english??? sorry if not.

·
Premium Member
14,258 Posts
Not all of the 03-06 400s do this. My 06 never has and I know a fellow that had an 05 that did not. I also know folks that have them that do. From what those that do tell me it occurs if you run consistently at speeds of more than 65 mph (72 indicated).

·
Registered
21 Posts
everyoone i met 'till today include my brother with 2002 400 have this problem
Me, I am a calm driver... 100 kms\H maximum usualy at highway. Most urban or circuits with hard traffic what reduces the top speed.
From 0 kms havinge this problem.
It reduces when I clen the air filter often.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
everyoone i met 'till today include my brother with 2002 400 have this problem
Me, I am a calm driver... 100 kms\H maximum usualy at highway. Most urban or circuits with hard traffic what reduces the top speed.
From 0 kms havinge this problem.
It reduces when I clen the air filter often.
I understand you fine. Thanks. I guess I'll just watch everything carefully and go from there.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yes, they all do it, it just depends on what you would call using oil. If I run up and down the highway like a Banchee, it uses 2 ounces between oil changes (5,000 miles). If I keep it below 6,000rpms it uses between 1/2 to 3/4 of an ounce of oil. To me that is using oil, but in reality it is not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts