Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Speed and RPM needles jumped half way up and then back to zero.

They did this just one time right after I replaced the battery.

I thought it was cool but they wont jump anymore.

Anybody else seen this??? Thanx Slowlane

2005 AN400

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Do you mean the bike starts and runs ok but the needles don't swing round the dials when you first turn on the ignition? What exact model is yours, and year? Carb or fuel injection model? It's possible a panel fuse has blown if you left the ignition on, or put the battery leads on in the wrong order (but on the right battery posts) ie: the positive lead to be fitted first, followed by the negative lead. It happens. But come back with more info if you can.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a 2005 AN400. In perfect condition 5K miles. I have seen the dials on some models jump when initially turned on but mine never has. Except for this one time when replacing the battery. There is nothing wrong with this bike. Thanks, Slowlane

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
On a few cars I have worked on if all the bell's n whistles don't work after reconnecting the battery I have disconnected the earth lead leave for 30 min or so turn on the parking lights that's all the way left on my Burgman then reconnect the battery, this forces the ecu to hard reset and the parking light being on help damp out some of the voltage spikes as the battery is connected, never had to do it on a Burgman though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts