Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while on a trip yesterday the speedometer and odometer quit working. I had just parked it for a few minutes, and when I resumed my trip, they weren't working any longer. Over the course of 50 or so miles the od moved 2/10 mile. Bike has 11k miles on it. Any thoughts out there?

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
Likely the rotor in the speed sensor mounted on the right side of the front wheel has broken. It is a common problem with the 03-06 400.

It's easy to find out if that is the case. Just pull the front wheel off to gain access to the sensor. Gently pry the seal out of the sensor being careful not to bend or damage it. Pull the rotor out and see if it is still in one piece.

Many have been able to fix it by just taking the rotor out and gluing it back together. I did that to mine at about 7,000 miles. It lasted until about 36,000 miles when it broke again. The second time it was damaged to much to repair again so I just ordered a new rotor.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
BTW, you don't say where in NE Texas you are but if it is close to Terrell and you would like some assistance with this issue let me know.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Have had the CVT cover off recently? I cut those little plastic loops that retain the sensor cable and the first time I re-assembled it, I pinched the sensor cable bundle when re-installing the cover. I had two complete cluster re-sets while riding which eventually led me to finding the problem. Luckily no permanent damage to the wire harness.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
Have had the CVT cover off recently? I cut those little plastic loops that retain the sensor cable and the first time I re-assembled it, I pinched the sensor cable bundle when re-installing the cover. I had two complete cluster re-sets while riding which eventually led me to finding the problem. Luckily no permanent damage to the wire harness.
He has an 05 400. On it the sensor is mounted on the front wheel not the CVT.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts