Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The manual said to remove left leg shield. I have all below the footrest removed. I see the coil, and the primary wire goes out of sight. Do I need to remove more to get access to the plug? This is embarrassing. I've been doing maintenance on bikes for years.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
You only need to remove the access panel at the front of the seat. Just one panel, the one with the horizontal vents in it. Take a look in your owners handbook, not the workshop manual. It shows you exactly which one and it give enough access to change the plug. You need to open the seat to get access to the fasters to remove it. 10 minute job. You shouldn't have any difficulty.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is what I wanted to hear. Makes sense. I installed Dr Pulley 18g sliders and like to remove the sparkplug and turn the motor with wrench to insure belt does not bind the variator nut. Just like Scootdawg, this forum is a valuable thing. THANK YOU

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
You don't need to remove the spark plug to do that. Just rotate the variator a couple of turns, tighten the nut turn a couple more times tighten again. I normally did it 3 times before I did the last tightening of the nut.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts