Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I know how to get to the spark plugs from the front of the bike, but that's where I get stuck.

I see the two black spark plug covers, but since the front wheel makes it difficult to manuever too much around there, here's my question(s):

Do you simply pull the covers off? I tried that but it seems "stuck" to me - maybe, again, since the wheel is in the way. (or rather, do they twist off?)

And once I get the covers off, is it just a matter of disconnecting the wire, unscrewing the plug, and then replacing the plug?

Thanks in advance,

Tony

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Scutour, #5 is the tricky part, especially on the right plug. There is very little room in there. I would like to hear from someone who has replaced the plugs and how they did it on the right side.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I’ll be ready to face the challenge hopefully when my bike turns 12k miles, and at the rate I’m going, I’ll be Doing a tune-up maybe the end of the summer. These questions will be easier answered once a good number of bikes go over 10k miles.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Changing plugs

The black bits are Plug top Coils. The radiator swings out of the way (Sort of). This may sound the hard ay to do the job, BUT a lot more access is available if you remove the front wheel and mud guard. Doesn't take long and the access problem is easy then. Watched mechanic doing the 24000 k valve service, and the first step - remove wheel and gaurd. rest easy.Cheers from Tassie. Geoff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts