Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I will be able to answer your question in a few days....ordered 2 of them a week or so ago and am waiting for them to show up so I can get them cut and the magnets setup.

·
Registered
208 Posts
You can get a key blank and cut at most locksmiths for $3 or $4 total. Just doesn't have the Suzuki thingy on it.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I got the same thing from another seller. Works great. Had to find an old-time hardware store to get it cut, though. The two biggest home improvement type stores won't cut it if they didn't sell it. One guy told me that it was because they wouldn't have a code to ring it up by. Follow the instructions for setting the magnets and you will have a nice spare.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I got my key from a locksmith as well. But I did have to cut the handle of the key down a little (with a dremel tool), as the new key would not insert into the lock far enough to work the seat latch.

Took only a couple of minutes to do, and now works perfectly. I never use the lock cover anyway, so the lack of magnets is not a concern to me.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
Took only a couple of minutes to do, and now works perfectly. I never use the lock cover anyway, so the lack of magnets is not a concern to me.
Unless of course if someone walks up and closes your shutter. Then if you don't have a key with the head to open it you have a problem. The magnetic head is not needed to close the shutter but it is needed to open it. That is unless you have gone in and removed the companion magnets from the shutter assembly.

I saw that happen to a fellow on a group ride. He only had the key with no head on it with him. The key that would open the shutter was a 100 miles away at home.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts