Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you try to visit http://majestyusa.com it says (Brought to you from the makers of BurgmanUSA), so i think the admins of the majestyusa are the same of the burgmnausa like Greengoose for example.
can someone solve the spammers issues? the forum is still attacked since the last three days and no one is preventing them at all, a simple upgrade can solve the problem, so please consider it a red alert because the forum is not useful anymore and no one can communicate with others due the high rate of fake posts.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Greengoose has been gone for awhile. But I agree someone needs to fix this problem. :mad:

·
Registered
252 Posts
I know this is a bit off topic, but I noticed on the Majesty website that it only gets 50mpg (estimated)... Burgman 400 regularly hits 65-70 and costs about the same. What is their selling point?

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know this is a bit off topic
It is off topic.
i think the burgman is programed to burn lean fuel mixture inside the combustion chamber for moderate commuting in order to match the europe specifications, also it has higher compression ratio. (12.5:1 vs 10.6:1)

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I sent an e mail to the moderators a couple of days ago & received a message that delivery would be delayed. I don't think there is anyone minding the store there. The spammers have completely taken over.

I have over 86,000 miles on my majesty and usually get about 54 MPG. I now have a brand new Harley 883L & have been getting about 45 MPG & have to buy 91 Octane.
But in my old age I thought it was time to get a Harley. I am having problems with my Majesty & if it costs too much to fix I may just donate it to some charity.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have been a member on the Majesty forum for years!!!

Yesterday, I found that the forum is totally hacked.

You need to have the forum administrator/ webmaster take action to remove the Malware.

This can be done remotely by IT folks like myself by allowing open server access during the process.

If you can't fix it , let me know.

Why Hijack an important thread for fuel mileage questions?:kermit:

Sam:D

·
Registered
585 Posts
I've been visiting MajestyUSA for the past few days to see if anyone is cleaning up the mess. It appears nobody cares as nothing is being done to stop the hacking. On a 'normal' active day there might be 10-20 new posts - now there are hundreds or more new posts created daily. Little of it by legitimate members.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The forum is rich with informations about the majesty, and i can guarantee that it will be an enormous loss if the forum closed, so please if someone can do something to prevent this then just do it as soon as possible.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hussein, are you the forum Administrator?

Sam

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Sad to hear this... I think the Majesty forum is owned by the same people who own ours. If so, this scares the crap out of me...

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
when this forum was upgraded I contacted the admin and let him know some security issues the upgrade had. I did not get any response so It wouldn't surprise me if something happens here as well. I hope not.

i think regular users should have another place to regroup in case something happens.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have not been on the Majesty forum for a year but am now receiving spam or fake messages from there daily. (I delete them after reading the title and don't open them)

·
Registered
252 Posts
It seems our administrators here are active posters so I don't see the same happening here. Motorcycle.com owns this and wonder if they own that forum as well.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I still own a Majesty (along with my 650), and the site has been very helpful. I hope someone who can fix it will take action.

·
Registered
352 Posts
One extra reason I bought my Burg. over the Majesty was because this forum was so active. Happy now I did! Best of Luck to them over there!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yes, it is pretty bad over there. I have been a member since I bought a Majesty in 2005 but no longer have it. I am a mod on the www.ctx700forum.com site , which is owned by www.motorcycle.com and I have reported it to them there. I also reported it on the majestyusa site too.

Hopefully they will find a fix soon and I hope they know it has been hacked as well. It is a really good site for the Majesty.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Good news. The Majesty site now has a moderator, who has been very busy cleaning up the site. It's back.

Turns out the new moderator is JeffR from above. Thank you Jeff!

·
Registered
230 Posts
aa6vh,

Your welcome. I was the 34th member on that site and had a Majesty for 2 years and really enjoyed it. I have most of the spam cleaned up and have banned many of the spammers but will continue to clean it up. I just didn't want to see the site go down.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts