Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Understood Jim. It seems to happen mostly on the weekends as they are links supposedly to streaming football games. I refer to him as the Reddit spammer. The MO is usually a new member who posts a strange thread title that doesn't match any bike related topic but catches the reader's attention. Thank you to admin for keeping this garbage off our forum.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Being an owner of a website I have a dedicated server and have the option of finding the IP of the servers that attack a site. Most times I just block the IP. Most times it's China and an IP that starts with 222. So I just block the whole IP range 222.0.0.0/8 Who cares if China wants to post? Look at your members and do the math.
Blocking China and Russia is a great start for attacks. So you loose 25 members. The 85K are less aggravated.

Just my 2 cents.......

Nyroc

·
Administrator
18,198 Posts
Jim, every time this spammer joins as a member and spams once, that user name is now locked and can never be used again.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
This jerk is in there again today...
often 2 or 3 times a day.
I'm sure that there is money in it
somewhere for him, or he wouldn't keep trying.

·
Administrator
18,198 Posts
Sometimes you get paid for every time a hotlink goes to a web page. Years ago when our last CEO made a deal with Yahoo, when any customer opened up the Yahoo search engine, the company would get a fraction of a cent, EACH, NATION WIDE. We were suspost to set Yahoo as the default search engine but 90% of the customers sand NO WAY.

·
Administrator
18,198 Posts
New spammer

The SPAMMER has started posting in older threads so it looks like it is a current topic.

If I were you, I WOULDEN'T OPEN THOSE LINKS!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
+1 on the spam...All these ads are a pain as well. Can you give us ideas on how to stop them. It makes dealing with the site slow.....

·
Administrator
18,198 Posts
Too bad it's not available in the US
I use uBlock Origin for Firefox and it works here in Washington state, we are kind of part of USA :devil

It has blocked 21 items on this page. :grin

Reactions: BurgyBill

·
Administrator
18,198 Posts
Reactions: Tromper
1 - 18 of 18 Posts