Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a member of the MajestyUSA.com site for several years. Sadly, in the past few days, it has been swamped by hackers/spammers. Literally every thread has a new entry of jumbled words and symbols. It has become unusable, and I don't know if their are even administrators to try and straighten it out. I hope our site can defend itself against a senseless attack of that sort.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Jim, I expect that you are managing our spam as I don't see any. Anyhow, I want to take a moment to thank you. My son makes his living in IT and I know how thankless the job can be. Again, thank you.

Doug

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
+1 - thanks to everyone who's participating in keeping the spam down; I hardly ever see any here.

I'm still a mod over on the Concours forum and it's a daily chore.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
I have contacted the owners to alert them to:

1. the forum software is out of date.

2. The forum is spammed out.

BTW- the MajestyUSA site never had the same attention after Bill Meek left this site - he used to keep an eye on it.

On BurgmanUSA we rely on members here to report spam by the 'report this post function ' which is then auctioned by moderators - it is a perpetual task and we all have our part to play.:)

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Norman, thank you for all the effort you put into the board too. I suspect that you have several more members here that help you in keeping the board in line and spam free (and keeping us in line too - grin). The forum would not exist (at least in a usable form) if not for the work of people like you.

Doug

·
Registered
230 Posts
I was made a Mod yesterday at the majesty site and just about have most of the spam cleaned up and many of the spammers banned. I will continue to clean but it may take a couple of days. And then it is working on keeping the spammers out.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Thanks guys, for all your hard work! Much appreciated! :thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts