Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking on this site for some time and thought I should finally register. It is a great site and a wealth of information. I don't have a Burgie(yet) but I do have an 02 SilverWing that I just purchased at the end of last year, so I've only managed a couple hundred miles before hibernation. So far I love everything about it and can't wait till spring rolls in. My girlfriend also enjoys riding it,but as a passenger,because she is too small to touch the ground without being on tip-toe. Which is why I've been lurking here. She now wants her own, having never had a cycle before, that will fit her. And the plan is that as soon as I sell my Suzuki DRZ400S, which I no longer ever ride since the scooter purchase, that we'll get her a 03 Burgie 400 that I've already got lined up locally. It seems to have one of the lowest seat heights available, so I'm thinking it'll be a good choice for her. I do alot of 200 mile rides around Wisconsin with my family, who all have Harleys(yeah) :roll: and she wants one big enough so it won't be struggling like a 250 might. Anyways I'll end this chapter :lol: and say that maybe I could meet some locals sometime this summer and say hi. BRETT

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums Brett. Glad to have you join us. Extend our invitation to your girlfriend. She'd be more than welcome here too.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi Brett

Welcome to the Forum :hello2: , and congratulations on ‘decloaking’ :lol:

Stick around and hope to hear more from you soon. :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hello Wisconsin!

Brett, welcome and howdy! As I posted to your note elsewhere in the forums here, we have a maxiscooter group in Eastern Minnesota that does ride from time-to-time in Western Wisconsin. If we're close enough and you'd like to join us on a ride, we'd love to have you and your girlfiend along.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Welcome

Hello Brett and your girl friend. You did not say where in S Wis. you are form but there are others in your area I went on a ride with them last year there were 6 Burgmans. Are you thinking about going to the bike show in chicago Feb 13? There a few of us are going to meet details to follow check the rallies & gatherings as we get closer to that date. Paul

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Probably not gonna make the bike show, but thanks for the invite. I'm in Janesville, which is about 40 minutes south of Madison, and about 15 minutes from the Illinois border.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally sold my DRZ400s! Going to look at the burgman for the girlfriend on Friday. Hopefully it will be in my garage by this weekend. Then the wait for spring.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Welcome Brett,

Glad you finally stopped :hiding: and told us you were here.

Janine

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Brett
My wife and I are also S. Wisconsin cheeseheads from Kenosha. Magyver has alredy told you of our ride last year. Our ride was to Lake Geneva. Most summer weekends include a ride to the Lake Geneva area for my wife and I, and sometimes with some of my family also on Harley, Honda, and Suzuki bikes. If you would like, let us know of your plans and arrange a get-together.

Pat

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Pat,
Sounds like a plan. I ended up getting the '03 400 for her today. :D Very clean lower mileage(3000 miles) with Givi shield for $3750.... I thought that was a decent price, if not gtreat. What do you all think??? :?: Paid for it tonight, going back with trailer to pick it up tomorrow morning. It will be awhile before SHE gets enough practice to go along on a group ride, but we could always just ride 2 up on mine. But we'll definately have to plan something for when it gets warmer. Bye for now. Brett and Kristen

·
Registered
969 Posts
Congratulations, Brett and Kristen!

$3750 sounds like a pretty good deal to me. You'll get more than your money's worth in fabulous rides together.

Steve

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Congratulations on the 'Pre-Loved' Burgman 400 Brett and Kristen. Sounds like you got a GREAT deal to me.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Welcome to the forums Brett 8)

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Hi Pat! Welcome. :salute:

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
WELCOME!!!! :hello2: