Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the last Breakfast at Emma's Scooterrider and I thought we could plan a ride around the Kitchener, Elmira, Elora area and take in the sites and food. Here is the proposal. Sunday June 12 we will meet at a location to be determined (Oscar's in Kitchener is being considered) for breakfast/brunch and from there head into St. Jacobs, Elmira, over to the West Montrose covered bridge into Elora to do the tourist thing, then over to Fergus for a small trip around Belwood lake. From there most of us can cut back thru Guelph to the 401 and into Toronto/Burlington. Will need to know who is interested. Please post your response ASAP. Once we know the numbers we will firm up the itinerary. :p

·
Registered
11 Posts
Southern Ontario Ride

I will be there for sure. It will be great to see the other Burgman riders that met at Emma's. Hope everyone can come. Any other Burgman riders in the area welcome. Hope it is good weather. Scooterrider

·
Registered
806 Posts
Ya know, if you would move this event up a day, you might see some of the scoots from the "Lake Erie Loop" come by. Some of the group is taking route 3 along the coast, but others are taking 401. I will be taking 401.

The event takes place on Saturday, Jun 11th.

Just thought I would pass it along.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
hey Guys count me in. I'm extremely busy at work but should be able to attend.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, since this site was down couldn't communicate with anybody about the ride so I had to cancel it. Might try again in the fall.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Second Sunday every June is our annual family picnic, so I wouldn't have been there anyway
Definitely interested though in a future event.
Sounds like fun.

·
Registered
196 Posts
October get together

Arby
Sorry for the leeeengthy absence :colors:
Have you any time off work from Mondays to Fridays for a ride or a get together in October? If so, Lis and I can team up for a little ride in your neck of the woods in time for the fall colours. Or maybe we could just arrange a meeting for a meal and catch up on past years happenings.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wouldn't mind taking a day off in October. I sure have enough overtime to do it. I'll check with the wife and get back to you. Any other southern Ontario riders interested?

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
My wife and I would be interested (hey, she rides with me now...)
As of last weekend. Took to it like a duck to water. :)

We just got back from an overnight stay in Barrie (we took Tuesday off from work too) Nice Ride, perfect weather.

Let us all know what's happening.
Hope Allwalk can make it too.
How about it Allan, is your burg fixed yet?

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Nope!!!!!!!! :evil:

Getting the run around still about back ordered parts. I've contacted Suzuki Canada and dont seem to be getting anywhere. This is just appalling. Lets face it the headlight I'm waiting for is the same part as the 2005 model year. This means they dont even have the part for a brand new machine let alone a 2 year old. GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You could duct tape a flashlight to your handlebars and come along. We'll stick you in the middle of the pack so the police won't see you. :wink:

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have a heavy duty pair of jumper cables Al can hang on to if he wants to be pulled to Kitchener cuz we need our Canadian Leader Moderator with us! :salute:

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Hey guys thanks for the offers but you don't have to. You see.............. I got Burgy home this morning. :blob7: :wav:

It's good to finally get it back.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Did you suffer any anti-withdrawal symtoms? Like weaving back and forth in your lane, accelerating like a mad man, waving at any bike that moved, etc. etc. Does that mean that your in for the October ride?

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I can't take the time off midweek but would definetely try real hard for a weekend.

Acutally Rod and Lis would be proud of me..I stayed real close to the speed limit.......... .+ or - 20km/hr is close isn't it?

Definetely no weaving or wheelies

·
Registered
196 Posts
allwalk said:
I can't take the time off midweek but would definetely try real hard for a weekend.

Acutally Rod and Lis would be proud of me..I stayed real close to the speed limit.......... .+ or - 20km/hr is close isn't it?

Definetely no weaving or wheelies
Hi Al
Glad you got your bike back in time for fall. I think my weekends are all gone for the next month....but I'll double check with Lis and will get back to you on that. As an alternative....maybe we could meet up after one of your dayshifts and ride over for one of those big :cheers: famous Toronto Corned beef/pastrami or montreal smoked meat Deli sandwiches

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Hey Rod we can do that or maybe I could hook up with you guys after my midnight shift is over. I'm just coming off midnights so the next round starts in 4 weeks which is October :D

·
Registered
196 Posts
allwalk said:
Hey Rod we can do that or maybe I could hook up with you guys after my midnight shift is over. I'm just coming off midnights so the next round starts in 4 weeks which is October :D
Sounds good to me...a tired leader is better than no leader :happy4:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts