Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... seems we have a few people here in Southern California. This started out in the 'Burgman 400' forum but I figured if I move it to this forum it'll get everyone's attention.

Can we get a show of hands for those of us in Southern California that would be willing to all get together one weekend for a group ride? Or at least a group gathering?

How about a poll for availabilities. Me, I'm available just about any Sunday.

Lets get this happening and be the first to gather up half a dozen or more Burgman owners together. Any other takers??

·
Registered
133 Posts
Sand Diego here, hoping to be back riding in the next month!

Keep me in mind.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Warren said:
Sand Diego here, hoping to be back riding in the next month!

Keep me in mind.
Definitely! Next month might be a good target month for getting everyone together. So we have San Diego & Los Angeles counties so far... a good 200 miles there. I'm sure people are willing to travel in order to meet their fellow riders!

Anyone else ready for sometime in November?

·
Registered
520 Posts
chuck807 said:
Ok... seems we have a few people here in Southern California. This started out in the 'Burgman 400' forum but I figured if I move it to this forum it'll get everyone's attention.

Can we get a show of hands for those of us in Southern California that would be willing to all get together one weekend for a group ride? Or at least a group gathering?

How about a poll for availabilities. Me, I'm available just about any Sunday.

Lets get this happening and be the first to gather up half a dozen or more Burgman owners together. Any other takers??
I'm here and ready. Have Corbin, will travel....Mike

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Allright... I'm looking at a November calendar.
How does Sunday, November 7th or 14th sound? Any later than that may interfere with people's Thanksgiving plans.

Any takers for November 7 or 14?

Once that's narrowed down, we can start working on a location based on where everyone's coming from.

·
Registered
520 Posts
chuck807 said:
How does Sunday, November 7th or 14th sound? Any later than that may interfere with people's Thanksgiving plans.

Once that's narrowed down, we can start working on a location based on where everyone's coming from.
I'm in for either. ONLY thing to stop me is my wife's Cancer recovery. IF she gets sick, I have to bail out. But she's a pretty sturdy old broad at the moment! :)

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pappy said:
chuck807 said:

I'm in for either. ONLY thing to stop me is my wife's Cancer recovery. IF she gets sick, I have to bail out. But she's a pretty sturdy old broad at the moment! :)
Understandable. Hopefully everything will be fine with your wife and the ride. My thoughts are with you & your wife.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Warren said:
Sundays are tough but I can probably swing it; keep me in mind!
Allright! Another one 'in'. Keep 'em coming! I know we have one or two others from one of the other threads on the forum too. Sundays were a suggestion... if Saturdays are easier for most, I'll need to know so I can arrange a Saturday off!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Guys,

I'd love to meet up but in the LA County area, Angeles Crest is always nice, lunch at Newcombs Ranch? (Maybe it's just because it's close to home and the S.F. Valley)

Thanx,
Russ

P.S. I'm racing on the November 6th-7th weekend. (Dragbike, not the Burgman!)

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, I just PM'd everyone in Calif about the proposed group ride. You can either PM back, post here in this thread, or "do nothing"! But I think its going to be a lot of fun to meet our fellow Burgman riders in a group ride or just a plain meeting spot. Could be Nov 6, 7, 13, 14 or all days or any combination of those days.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Group Ride

billclemen in Claremont, CA (near Pomona). Nov. 7 or 14th preferable for me. 8.500 miles on Ranger and counting. Would enjoy seeing other Burgmans on the road.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm interested in such a meet, but live north of Sacramento. Maybe someone could contact me in our neck of the woods for a hookup? :?

·
Registered
520 Posts
In your response please provide the following:

- your location
- your date(s) of preference (Nov 6, 7, 13 or 14)

ANY Date is ok with ME?

- your preferred meet spot(s) that you're open to

I live in Oceanside so THAT would be a great "starting point" for ME as my health SUCKS! It's the 1st town as you pass Camp Pendleton heading into San Diego. Open to most anything however? From Oceanside, have ALL the beaches south or of corse, Plaomar Mountain & Julian if inland? Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
Northern California Ride

I'm another northern Californian (San Francisco) looking for others in the Bay Area and surroundings interested in a ride. I know of one other here in the City who'll ride - we both own silver 650's. We went to Calistoga on Saturday and are looking to ride to the California Train Museum in Sacramento on 10/30. Any takers?
- Craig

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Allright! I'm getting some takers both on this thread and via PM. As soon as I get more numbers in, I'll post & contact everyone w/ a tentavie schedule.

Oh, and anyone driving something other than a Burger is also welcome... you'll get more feedback and experience than you would by going to a dealer!

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Ping Craig Ewing

Hi Craig,

I'm down in Santa Cruz. Keep me posted on your SF rides. I'll
make an effort to join you.

Craig Santa Cruz CA

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Allright! I'm getting some takers both on this thread and via PM. As soon as I get more numbers in, I'll post & contact everyone w/ a tentavie schedule.

Oh, and anyone driving something other than a Burger is also welcome... you'll get more feedback and experience than you would by going to a dealer!
I was hoping for that idea. It might give people a chance to compare the 400s & 650s & maybe some other brands as well. I'm still sorting out what type of scooter I want. (Then again I sometimes start thinking of other bikes as well. Instead of getting easier this keeps getting harder.)
How about making the River Run to Laughlin the next time they have it? Can you imagine all the funny looks you would get from the Harley riders?

The good news is that I am retired & any day is fine.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
gruntled said:
chuck807 said:

I was hoping for that idea. It might give people a chance to compare the 400s & 650s & maybe some other brands as well. I'm still sorting out what type of scooter I want. (Then again I sometimes start thinking of other bikes as well. Instead of getting easier this keeps getting harder.)
How about making the River Run to Laughlin the next time they have it? Can you imagine all the funny looks you would get from the Harley riders?

The good news is that I am retired & any day is fine.
Cool, I'll count you in, but you haven't really mentioned what city or county you're from.

As for Harley riders... yeah, I got all the funny looks and comments during my first group ride with SCRC, but the 650 soon earned their respect! I still wouldn't mind a big metric cruiser but its really only for show, the 650 is a real performer.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts