Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, My name is Ben, and I live in the west palm beach area of Florida. I very recently bought my Burgman400 when I went to a dealership looking for a 49cc scooter just for fun. When I saw the Burg I couldn't fathom putting my fairly large person on anything smaller and I had to do it!
I have been reading posts and soaking up knowledge like a sponge here and really appreciate all the good information and humor people share here. It is a very good community and I'm glad I found it.
Thanks for the 411!
-Moo
( aka Ben in "real life" )

·
Registered
70 Posts
Welcome to the site. I have also picked up a ton of good information from this site. Your input and suggestions are always welcome. Happy Riding.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Welcome Ben :hello2:

I look forward to riding with you since you are in my area. Is this your first scooter or motorcycle? Have you taken the MSF course yet? It is offered in several locations in Palm Beach and Fort Lauderdale. Glad to have you as part of the Burgman family.

Janine :)

·
Registered
969 Posts
Hi Ben!

I suppose some who wait upon the Lord mount up on Silverwings, but in this crowd, we prefer Burgmans. :)

Steve

Gear up!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Definately first Burgman, but I used to have a Honda Elite back in 1995-6 when I lived in California. Also had a friend letting me drive his Shadow cause he wanted me to buy it, but that was long ago!
I have to schedule the MSF and see when it's viable to take it because 1) Work schedule and B) Kids are off of school for the summer.
( alphanumeric abuse intentional ;p )
So thanks for the welcome and info, JKerstinJ- see ya soon!
wasions, are you a corrections officer or "policeman" ?

·
Registered
969 Posts
Correctional officer, for about a year and a half now.

Steve

(Oh, yeah.) Gear up!

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Howdy Moocow!
-pete :D

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
MMMMMMMM! Ribeye!

Welcome meat, er moocowfragger!

(Can you tell it's feeding time at the asylum?)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL. I really oughta think of a new name since this is just a carryover from a deathmatch gaming group I used to play in. But I get that alot Wyldman! wasions, I see. Congrats on your career move. I'm sure they've told you over and over ad infinitum that the inmates are opportunists just waiting for you to slack off so they can forge an evil deed for their gain! That has been my creed of road hazards the last few weeks. I ride as though someone or something is just waiting for me to mess up so it can scratch my Burg! At least it keeps a slacker like me a bit more alert. :p Anyways, I know a few police and corrections guys- most through online communities but some of Palm Beach's finest met on my job as a security guard. Much respect for the officers.
Again thanks for sharing the wealth of knowledge.
OH yea, I gear'ed up :p
-Moo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts