1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,178 Posts
That's just our average temperature here where I live. :cool:

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
We have had a cool summer overall this year since the "Polar Vortex" happened again in late June. Now we are coming to our regular temps for this time of year, hot as the devil and humid with heat warnings almost every day. The American South is a special place. I, for one, am grateful for central air this time of year.

Doug from Kentucky

·
Premium Member
14,316 Posts
Yeah, not really hot for use in Texas. Overall it's been a cool summer. We've only had heat advisories a couple of times and this weekend won't be one of them. Probably be in the upper 90s with enough humidity to put the heat index at 100 to 101.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
We've had the coldest winter and now the coolest summer I can remember , on the bike it felt like autumn on many a day back in July . It's only in the 80's here this week but the humidity has picked up considerably so I've got the AC back on . Usually here in the summer I run the AC about 75% of the time , this year it was more like 25% of the time . The so called experts describe this coming winter as BRUTAL !

TheReaper!

·
Registered
287 Posts
:(:(Geez...I envy some of you. It has been vicious here in Florida this year. I always dread what I call the 8 uninhabitable months here, but this year has been even worse. I try to make a North Caroli8na run every fall and spring, but the timing is hard sometimes. If I wait till it's cool enough to survive the run through Atlanta, the roads may be icing farther north, and vice versa in the spring.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Down in Lower AL it is intolerable, oh thank heaven for central air.
But my 400 gets great gas mileage when the air is hot! I guess the only bright side to these "8 months of misery"....

·
Registered
285 Posts
I will second the motion for central air!!!!! The last week or so we've had 100 degree days but oddly, no humidity so it feels like Palm Springs, Desert Hot Springs or my favorite fun place, 29 Palms Marine base (NCO club)

Sam:)

·
Registered
211 Posts
:(:(Geez...I envy some of you. It has been vicious here in Florida this year. I always dread what I call the 8 uninhabitable months here, but this year has been even worse. I try to make a North Caroli8na run every fall and spring, but the timing is hard sometimes. If I wait till it's cool enough to survive the run through Atlanta, the roads may be icing farther north, and vice versa in the spring.
Yes, it was. I just returned from visiting my family in Venice about a week ago and had to break my rule about wearing my usual full riding gear. Shorts and sneakers and of course the helmet. It was humid and nasty!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts