Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea, i know, go see your local dealer.....but he doesn't have a rear tire for the 400, and hasn't been able to find one from any other dealers. Gonna get one from Suzuki..wherever that is, but takes awhile.

This is happening to a friend, and led me to search the internet for Bridgestone 130-70-13 which is OEM, but with no luck finding it.

Anyone have a good U.S. source?

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Warren, thanks for info on Perelli tires....I would go that way if I needed both front and rear. Learned after I posted the above query, that Bridgestone only sells these tires to Suzuki dealers! This is according to customer service at KG tires.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Ted,

I recently replaced my rear tire with a Pirelli. I still have the Bridgestone on the front. It works fine. I wouldn't worry about doing the rear Pirelli first.

When the front wears out, it will be a Pirelli too, but right now it is still in fine shape.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pauljo, good to know you're satisified with the Pirelli. I like the look of them and will prob go that way next year, or when I need replacement.

My buddy has only 600 miles on his new 400 and got a staple in the rear tire; dealer says can't patch the tire...has to have a new one. So its sitting in the dealer shop till he can locate a new tire.

I've been told the same for car tires; no one wants to put a patch on inside of tubeless tires. But have never understood why. If a tire can be recapped...that is new rubber put on old tire carcass, why can't a patch be put on inside of a tire?

Just curious.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
ted clement said:
snipped-I've been told the same for car tires; no one wants to put a patch on inside of tubeless tires. But have never understood why. If a tire can be recapped...that is new rubber put on old tire carcass, why can't a patch be put on inside of a tire?

Just curious.
Well it either just better business or litigation-itis ;-)

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
ted clement said:
Pauljo, good to know you're satisified with the Pirelli. I like the look of them and will prob go that way next year, or when I need replacement.

My buddy has only 600 miles on his new 400 and got a staple in the rear tire; dealer says can't patch the tire...has to have a new one. So its sitting in the dealer shop till he can locate a new tire.

I've been told the same for car tires; no one wants to put a patch on inside of tubeless tires. But have never understood why. If a tire can be recapped...that is new rubber put on old tire carcass, why can't a patch be put on inside of a tire?

Just curious.
Make sure your buddy gets back his old tire and have him take it to an idependent motorcycle mechanic. Chances are he will patch it for him and then he has a new spare. We have a guy in my area that will do such a thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts