Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to squeeze a 100 mph actual out of my 2007 k400, any mods out there?

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Down hill with 40 mph wind at your back.;)

·
Registered
1,060 Posts

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Oh I'd love to have the opportunity to try that, except that those pesky LEOs on the only good stretch of local highway probably wouldn't share my enthusiasm on this project.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
She's pegged the 100 mark many times on dash, but thats only about 88-92mph!
They will take full throttle for a long time at 8500 rpm so you know, and as smoove as cucumber :) I do a lot of interstate riding

Whats the fix for the speedo calibration??

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Maybe the cams from the DRZ400 will fit it puts out about 40 hp you would need a fuel commander or what ever they are called.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Each of us enjoys the ride in our own way. I personally rarely go above 55 and even on the Interstate I stick to 70-75. But if someone wishes to go 200mph on an empty road in the dead of night, I really don't have an issue with that.

I like the Burgman because it's designed to go at the speed I usually travel, rather than 100mph above that speed. If I wanted to crack the ton every time a light changed to green, I would have gotten a different sort of machine. But I can appreciate someone taking up the challenge of making my sort of machine go at that sort of speed.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I'd like to squeeze a 100 mph actual out of my 2007 k400, any mods out there?
Yes, a big one, its called the 650.

Sorry, couldn't resist. I got my stock b400 up to 94 actual, downhill, wind at my back sort of thing. And I must say, Ingrid was none too happy about it. She smelled funny afterwards as something was burning. So tread lightly, you don't want to hurt the ones you love.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank Chip, your my kind of thinker...I am obsessed with the 'Ton' mark lol and it's not that dangerous on an open a road providing there's no [oh dear} haa

·
Registered
169 Posts
At an indicated 9,000 rpm (redline), my b400 shows 90 mph indicated, or aprox. 81 mph actual. Therefore, to achieve 100 mph ACTUAL, you would have to reach almost 11,000 rpm. Yeah, the Burgman is tough and well engineered, but I don't think it would hold together at that rpm. At least not for very long.
In a related topic, I still haven't hung a GPS on it to confirm the 10% speedometer error others have witnessed, but it seems right.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I found with mine, that the GPS was about 6mph off at 60 but as it got around 80mph i think it was only about 73mph, i need to recheck it again when it warms up today, i'll do constant 90 and see what i got, i'm thinking it was like 85mph.

Does the speed sensor run off the rear or front wheel?? is there a larger rear tire availble?... then i'd re-calibrate the speedo??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts