Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  1. just got a Suzuki burgman 400 2009, friends mom was tired of it in her garage and gave it to me to save the laughter of riding a 50cc scooter lol...I just journeyed to Flagstaff from Tucson(and back) for a total of 500 miles...are there any sounds I need to look out for, smells, maybe even the feeling of it riding, to determine any internal issues that I cant determine, or may not be aware of and not know a normal sound from a problem...i dont think theres any issue, but i want to be informed of what to look out for, after my Flagstaff journey, it has 10,350 miles, I did a oil change, and coolant is next, all just precautionary measures..because I am not fully aware of what has been replaced and or its mechanical history, its mileage history of how it was rode about...please do inform, thank you...I guess its definently good enough to be thought of as a motorcycle by people who see it,

·
Premium Member
8,127 Posts
you should take it to a harley dealership and trade it on a real motorcycle. you will know what a harley sunds like , smells like, and what people who see it think of the bike. What they think of the rider won't change.
Seriously, you will never enjoy the bike.

·
Premium Member
8,127 Posts
yeah, i'm dense, but I figured that out from your o.p.

·
Administrator
18,332 Posts
Bet2tuc520, Welcome to the forums. You will find that the Burgman 400 will work out fine. With proper maintenance it should last 200,000+ miles.

Sometimes a bit of sarcasm gets spread around by a few members, me included.
But you will not find a better helpful forum dedicated to just Burgmans.

I have never ridden a Burgman 400 so on most things I will stay clear of. But we have a lot of members that do have a lot of info to share. We also have a 'How To' forum section.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts