Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen sound canceling ear buds advertised in a US catalogue and in the Canadian Radio Shack web site. They seem to be the same ones in both. I wondered if anyone out there has tried them on a bike?

If so, how easy is it to get your helmet on with them? Do they cut down on wind noise? Are they comfortable for long distances - say an hour or more?

·
Registered
4 Posts
You can get the foam type (32db) at Home Depot or Lowes or other building supply or hardware stores.

I paid $50 for made to order plugs at a motorcycle show. The foam work better for me. Cuts the noise but doesn't give the total silence.

Just roll them up and insert in ear, hold them in the ear until they expand to give a good seal. Probably can use a set 3 to 4 times before replacing.

I find using the ear plugs makes the ride more comfortable.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ear Buds

Sorry, terminology must be different between us :? . Ear Buds are those little in the ear speakers that come with Walkmans and other portable sound systems.

They are now available in active noise cancelling versions. They act as speakers for your pocket sound system and they cancel surounding sound by generating the opposite sound and as I understand it, they do both at the same time.

I want to know if anyone has tried them and with what result?

·
Registered
13,278 Posts

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
You're welcome.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Thank you as well Billmeek!
You need to run a Posting 101 class :D

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Active noise cancellation works mostly on constant noise sources, such as engine noise, tire hum, etc.

Sirens, horns, and other variable noises wouldn't be attenuated much, if at all.

I've not actually tried them on a land vehicle, but have used them on piston-engined aircraft, and I won't fly without them now if I can avoid it. (Not the brand you mentioned, but same principle.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts