Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi every one, Ringotwinky from United Kingdom, Hastings East Sussex.
My main bike before this Burgman was a Goldwing 1100 1980 been riding these for almost 25 years and before that it was scooters from the age of 17.
These GLs do not get any lighter as time goes buy, At the age of 66 I was finding pushing the bike backwards, steering, Holding, then swinging the bike to the right as I entered the garage sometimes pulling my back, Wife said its time to change to a more
manageable bike.
Started looking and found the bike Suzuki Burgman, looked good looked smart and no more foot gear changing. Thought, this is the bike for me.

Sold one of the G.Ls and kept the first one I had then bought the 2010 Burgman Executive 650 ABS with 20,000 miles.
Started to look at the manual and thought I would be doing the services and let the garage do the rest as this looked to be a bike I knew very little about.

Joined the forum but found i was using the old G.L. more and more and only took a glance now and then on the forum. As time went by and back hurting once more, started to use the Burgman more often.

SOLD the Gold Wing, only the Burgman now. LOVE this bike but some times miss the old G.L.. Starting to understand this bike.

Thanks for having me, Ringotwinky
Martin

·
Administrator
18,687 Posts
Martin, Welcome to the forum.
I too have rode GL1100's for years. The one in storage is a 1980 GL1100i full dressed. Needs forks.

The Burgman 650 is sometimes called BabyWing. Most Brits call them Lardie.

·
Premium Member
3,443 Posts
Hey Twink,

You might already have this but if you don’t it’s a game changer doing work on a 2010 B650

·
Registered
884 Posts
Welcome. The burgman is not without its faults like many bikes but it does tick a lot of boxes. I wont bore you you know them all I commute daily on mine and still get a buzz even after 62k miles from buying it with 8 miles on the clock.
On my 3rd one so they cant be that bad. Enjoy and do your own fettling much cheaper to run then.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Welcome Ringotwinky, as a former GW owner I feel your pain.

When I rode the GW, it was like handling a large single engine boat every time I parked; I had to pick my spot and ease into it so I could pullout without backing up. Now riding has returned to the joy of my youth...

...it's really swell to stretch my feet all the way forward and just drive without shifting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts