Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a couple thoughts this morning that I'd like to pass along. Perhaps it is part of the "big picture"...perhaps not.

The movie 2016 showed that one of Obama's motivators was an anti-colonialist philosophy. In other words, the British, Europeans and later the US went into third world countries and robbed them of their resources. That made the colonialists rich and the third world countries poor. When you take this in context of how the rich should pay their fair share, consider that the poorest in the USA is in the top 1% of the world's population for income. So if the movie is correct, then his intention is to equalize our income with that of third world countries. Their income goes up by us importing oil from countries that frankly hate our guts. But how does our income go down?

The first and most obvious way is the enactment of Obamacare. There is no such thing as a free lunch, as economists like to say. We are 16 trillion in debt. It's going to get worse.

Then there is the "fiscal cliff" is ahead of us. Obama is shrewd. The Democrat plan is asking for taxes to be raised on higher incomes. The interesting thing is that people like Warren Buffet don't have that much "income" that is taxed. Their "income" is capitol gains, which is not being considered for a tax increase by the Democrat's plan. So for those people who aren't super rich as multimillionaires but just have lots of income, they would be taxed.

But here's an interesting part. What Obama is proposing for taxes on these super rich people...only generates half the tax revenue he's asking for. How does he get the rest? The easy way, is to assume he'll lower that income level from $250,000 to something lower. But what are his chances of getting that passed in the next 30 days? About zilch.

Obama and the Democrats are pretty specific on what they want for new tax brackets. Where they get real fuzzy is when you ask for the other half of what they promised...the entitlement cuts. The only specifics are what Obama proposed earlier...and that was so unpalatable that his own Democrat controlled Senate rejected it. Without entitlement cuts, the Republicans won't go along. So we come to the fiscal cliff with no agreement.

If nothing is done, no agreement made...the automatic spending cuts will go into effect. Per Money magazine, Defense spending cuts will total about 376,000 jobs. Housing assistance and energy subsidies for low-income people, would drop by 8.2%. The tax increases will hit just about every family and wage level. The USA's rich people...those in the top 1% world-wide...which is you and me...will become poorer. It's part of that plan I believe to bring the USA incomes down to that of third world incomes.

Is that the plan? Would you take a 20 day vacation in the middle of something as serious as this when you're the country's leader? Well, the Obamas are taking a 20 day vacation from December 17th to January 6th on your dime...all $4 million dollars of your dimes. Forget his rhetoric. What's he actually doing?

Chris

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Chris, I believe you are correct, unfortunately. :?

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wayne, history is written by the winner and isn't always objective. Right now, with the exception of a few media outlets like Fox, the media worships Obama and ignores anything negative. If they were to write the history books now, it would all be blamed on Bush. That totally ignores the fact that the Democrats controlled Congress and are responsible for what has happened more so than anyone else.

And Jim, Reaganomics didn't fail when Reagan was president. It just got replaced by a different administration that didn't stay true to it. I remember when he was the governor of California and he reformed welfare there. He did the unthinkable...and required people to work to get a welfare check! And the welfare roles dropped significantly.

Just a thought...as the Democrats campaign in 2016...and assuming the foodstamp recipient numbers continue to climb, unemployment rises to double-digits like Europe, and New York and New Jersey are still trying to clean up...will that get blamed on Bush too?

Chris

·
Super Moderator
8,064 Posts
And Reagan also put a 10% surtax on income taxes to deal with the deficit, and nobody whined about that. Where are they now not wanting to contribute their fair share. All this about putting Regean on a pedestal, but but having a selective memory about what he actually did. Just a bunch of greedy whiners trying to fleece more money from what's left of the middle class, and ship it off shore.

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh...like the Google exec the White House wanted on the cabinet who sheltered the income off-shore? ;)

Chris

·
Super Moderator
8,064 Posts
Or Haliburton that thanked us for the no bid contract in Iraq, by moving to Dubi for a tax shelter.

Yea, there's enough crooks to go around.

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
We all lost when you voted for Obama and just can't see it. Watch some Fox and at least see the other side of the story.
Just watching Sun news here in Canada and the guy who started Green Peace was on and he had a change of heart and now can see the light. Charles Moore is his name I think.
Any one watch Whale Wars, fun to watch to see these people crying over whales and at the same time would kill a baby in the whomb. Trying to save the pilot whales now in the Farrow islands, I would like to see the people there throw them over the dock and kick them out.
As a commercial fisherman I just can't stand these fools, but fun to watch and they got balls, got to give them that.
I see there is no lights on the banner this year, another small step for the atheists and the dark side, but you lose in the end, I read the book he he.

Merry CHRISTmas everyone and God bless.

Wayne

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Now I may be wrong here, I certainly know I've been so before......BUT,

It seems to me that with the upcoming "Fiscal Cliff", the negotiations are decidely one-sided......

On the Presidents side, if no agreement is reached, then the measures outlined in the last agreement will default into place, bringing in virtually all the tax hikes he wants, and imposing way less spending cuts that the Republicans are asking for. So where's the incentive to compromise?

For the Republican side, if they don't get a deal in place, they lose the tax hikes battle (which could cost them dearly with Tea party support), get only some of the spending cuts they'd love to see (and a bunch they don't want to see), and no doubt the media will blame the lack of agreement on the Republican dominated house. So it's a losing proposition, just a question of how much blame gets attached to the losers!

So I'm sure the President is only too happy to see us go over the cliff, it's a win-win for him. .....it's just a matter of how much the Republicans will bend over and take it to get a deal in place, or take how much blame for a failure to get the deal.

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not only that, but later in the year when the President approves some tax cuts for the middle and low income families, even if the Republicans propose them, it will be the President who gets all the credit when he signs the bill into law.

I'm disgusted with politicians who are more worried about making their political party and their political futures look good, than what happens to the peons at the bottom who have to live with their decisions.

Chris

·
Super Moderator
8,064 Posts
Daboo said:
I'm disgusted with politicians who are more worried about making their political party and their political futures look good, than what happens to the peons at the bottom who have to live with their decisions.

Chris
On that, I agree.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Jim said:
Daboo said:

Chris
On that, I agree.

So it's true, the world is ending soon........ :lol: :lol:

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No, I'm more disgusted with Democrat politicians than Republicans... ;)

Chris

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
When you listen to the other news networks they just talk about raising the tax on the rich and never about the debt problem, so do the liberals not know anything about the problem, are they living with their head In the sand. watch a little more Fox and get both sides, I watch them all, but MSNBC is sure a bunch of nut jobs the way they talk, can any one really take them serious.

Wayne

·
Super Moderator
8,064 Posts
Typical Republicans,
Religious Zelots
Whiners, and prone to Doom and Gloom in a heart beat
Openly Greedy and rude
Pious with a superiorty complex
Blinders securely in place
Heavy Faux watcher

Typical Democrats
Wishy washy
Pie in the sky optimisum
Say little, even in defense of themselves
Quietly greedy and too polite
Afraid of a fight, and too conciliatory
Pro-union, for the Sr. union members, but not workers a whole (that's another thread)
a bit naive
Heavy MSNBC watcher

Typical Independent
Open minded, and knows Dems and Rep. have their faults
Not known for "knee jerk" reactions
Not looking to start a fight, but not afraid to finish it
Pron to look for solutions that benefit the whole, not the few
Looks for the truth in facts, not speculation and propaganda
Gets more world news outside the US, because it's not as biased.
Knows that neither a Democrat or Republican is good for the country because both are paid off by big money

I guess we know where we all stand.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts