Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked it up on June 9th, just got to the 650 kms mark, changed the oil/filter last night for the first time.
Weather has been crappy. I've had it up to 145 km/h already, don't intend to push it beyond this for a while.

See the pics at my website, http://www.i-said-ouch-not-stop.com .

If the pics don't show up right, I'll fix them later. They're massive pics, tho - 5 Megapixel camera, I might have to resize them later.

As you will see from the pics, I'm having a tough time removing the stickers, even with WD-40.
The tab for the parking brake lever came off somewhere, I can't find it. I'm sure my dealer will replace it for little or no cost.

By the way - "rjsuz05", I'll be emailing you back shortly, I've been working nonstop.

Happy riding, all.

- Darcy

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Went to your site, made a cup of coffee and was still loading.
Think I will wait till you down size :D
But 650 kms in 9 days, it's not just sitting around is it. :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd have 1650 kms on it by now if it wasn't for the weather. It's been either raining or cold or both for the last week. I don't like dressing for the weather...

Yeah, I'll resize the pictures later tonite after I'm off work.

How did you all remove the stickers from the glove box? I use WD-40 and fingernails, but this would take me 100 years.

Razor blade? Paint scraper? These sound harsh to me.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Darcy said:
I'd have 1650 kms on it by now if it wasn't for the weather. It's been either raining or cold or both for the last week. I don't like dressing for the weather...

Yeah, I'll resize the pictures later tonite after I'm off work.

How did you all remove the stickers from the glove box? I use WD-40 and fingernails, but this would take me 100 years.

I haven't used it on a scooter, but Goo Gone works on just abour everything else. Rub it on the surface and give it time to soak in. If the labels are metallic coated you may have to scrape down to the paper, CAREFULLY. :p

Once the sticker is off, this stuff is great for getting the "stick-'um" off.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Darcy said:

For the two hard ones, I used an old credit card. Just be careful not to dig too hard and scratch the surface. Take your time and be resigned to the fact that you're going to have to scrape them off bit by bit. I didn't have any Goo Gone at the time (I was impatient) but I used rubbing alcohol (that didn't seem to work very well). I bought goo gone later just to clean up the residue.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I just saw some of your pictures. Is that a dealer stickery under "SUZUKI" at the back? Also, is that a personalized plate? It doesn't seem to have very many letters or numbers.

Oh, congrats on your acquisition, btw :D.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the advice on removing the stickers, all.

I just saw some of your pictures. Is that a dealer stickery under "SUZUKI" at the back? Also, is that a personalized plate? It doesn't seem to have very many letters or numbers.
That's the dealer sticker for Glenn's Cycle where I bought the Burg. The plate isn't personalized, it's just a small area. Prince Edward Island is not very populated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts