Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 650 when i turn the throttle I can hear a solenoid click. Investigating I found the solenoid just at the top of the radiador behind the front tire. Does anyone know what this controls and if it should be making this noise.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
As for fuel, 87 octane is all you need. That's all I've ever run in my 650 in 7,300 miles - it likes it.

The starter solenoid is on top of the battery cover under the seat. I'm not sure what the one you found is for. Maybe the electric fan?

Never noticed the clicking on my AN650.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
solonid click

This is right above the radiator. their is a plastic guard with a little cutout this is where the thing is. i can put the bike on center stand twist throttle and put my head close to the front and hear this thing engage as i give her a little gas. i will try the 87 oct.

·
Registered
733 Posts
RATMAN,

Looking at my PDF manual (not very clear)

It shown 2 relays around that area

Item 10 - Side stand relay or fuel pump relay
Item 11 - Fuel pump relay or side stand relay

" That is how it is written in the manual "

If the relays are clicking then you should get them looked at, they should be ON or OFF ...

Greg ...

·
Registered
239 Posts
What you are probably hearing is the throttle lever stop screw hitting against the stops either full open or fully closed. The "solenoid" that you see is actually the coolant temp sensor, which probably doesn't make a sound.

Cheers,

Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts