Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always wanted one last big bike before I hang up my leathers. After 550 miles, I still prefer the Burgman. At interstate speeds the fjr definately hold the line better than my burg. I was surprised though just how similiar the two bikes rode. In some ways this surprised me. The burg definitely has a lower center of gravity which partly accounts for the difference in rides. The Burgman is 10 times more convenient than the fjr. The under seat storage holds almost twice as much as the fjr. The two trunks of the fjr are deceivingly small. The under seat storage and my givi trunk could easily store a weeks worth of riding. This included my Nikon D800, zoom lens in a camera bag.
I am now keeping my eye open for a late model burg with low miles. My wife will probably not speek to me for a couple of weeks but then again that might be a plus. I don't jump on the fjr to do my "hony dos" any more! The burg is probaby the best all around machine that I have ever had. I suppose I am experiencing some buyer remorse. The grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence.
Respectfully,
David Miller

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
David, I did the same thing, but I bought a 400 for the honey do's.
I love riding my FJR , miss the storage for sure, but the FJR just has oodles of low end grunt and if you ever need to just get up and go it will do it. I still liked my burg, and my main reason for changing was because I wanted something I could ride 2-up , the burg I just kept scraping the center stand 2 up. I'm 200 lbs and th missus was about 170, she's nearly 5'10" .

Anyway give the feejer some time it'll grow on you.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
If I lost my drivers license without chance of getting it back, I'd consider a bike with power again.

I haven't yet, so I'll stick to the Burgman, which is more happy at 50 than 100 MPH, opposite an FJR.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
IMHO I don't care if you are going to get a loaf of bread or traveling cross country , the 650 Burg is hard to beat .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
That's one of the best machine from Yammi, unfortunately too narrow-purpose.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 400 Burgman isn't a bad idea. I bought a new '07 400 back in '07. It had the "slipping clutch sound" on take off. I traded it off for a 650. I will be adding canyon cages and a givi box before my trip out west this summer. I really loved the 650 so I will probably stay with the 650. The more I ride the fjr the better I like it. But, on the other hand, it will probably never replace my burg.
Respectfully,
David Miller

1 - 6 of 6 Posts