Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its time to start a soft run-in of the new cylinder and piston, when the weather is ok for a ride here in Sweden. What do you say, guys, what is maximun rpm and for how long time/distance?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Its time to start a soft run-in of the new cylinder and piston, when the weather is ok for a ride here in Sweden. What do you say, guys, what is maximun rpm and for how long time/distance?
I’d treat it like a semi-break-in.....I like this guy’s approach :

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is what I found in the owners manual. 1600 km 😱
E2E60AE0-9F96-4DBB-91FA-9FE709D9FE7D.jpeg

I think it will take the most of the summer for me. I also have a sailyacht who needs my care when the weather is fine.... ⛵

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Don’t you think that confirms what the video says ?

That is a hard choice .....Burgman riding or sailing ..... is your girlfriend easy on your eye ? If not take the Burgman ;)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"is your girlfriend easy on your eye ?"
Im so sorry, but Google Translate can't translate this.... 😣

well, but below 4000 rpm... that's not fast speed 🤯

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
sorry,

bo din flickvän vackert

I think the point is to bring up to temp gently then ride at varying speeds then let cool....repeat....repeat.

you do not want to ride at a constant speed or constant rpm.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
😁 thats not good Swedish, but I think I see the point... Google Transl.. 😖😖😖🤯

Yes, I understand, but it will take long time...

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
😁 thats not good Swedish, but I think I see the point... Google Transl.. 😖😖😖🤯

Yes, I understand, but it will take long time...

Watched a talent show audition and of course before this guy gets up to sing he has to go on and on about how his Swedish car broke down on the way there and he has no way home, etc.

I wish people could just sing without telling a Saab story.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Watched a talent show audition and of course before this guy gets up to sing he has to go on and on about how his Swedish car broke down on the way there and he has no way home, etc.

I wish people could just sing without telling a Saab story.
CSTM (Chuckled softly to myself)

Edit: Well, thought I made that acronym up, but apparently it's actually a thing already. Either that or the Canadian Society of Transfusion Medicine.

·
Registered
111 Posts
When I replaced the oil rings and oil seals, cleaned the valves and some other minor adjustments, I drove the first 500 km at 3k-4k rpm, not in the highway.
After that, I did a 1k km trip at 4k max., stopping every two hours or so, and it all went ok.
The works were caused by an excesive oil consumption and nowadays it takes hardly any oil.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The works were caused by an excesive oil consumption and nowadays it takes hardly any oil.
Then you had the same problem I had with high oil consumption. Could you ascertain what your oil consumption was due to?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts