Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a set of GIVI T411 Saddle bags. They worked well for the ocassional multi day trip, and are easy removable for everyday riding. They are low cost and the center of gravity is kept low so handeling is still good. Full loaded, 2 up I calculated we were about 1,000 lbs, Maxed out. Mileage was still good only about 42 mpg expressway running @ 80 mph for 100 miles, to 50 mpg touring @ 60 -70 indicated. As pauljo noted, mileage does suffer at sustained high speed. My wife said her legs were resting a bit on the softer bags, but was more comfortable. Pictures and a Review are posted

http://burgmanusa.com/gallery/Jims-Gallery

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Jim,

I read your review. A couple of questions:

Did you encounter any scuffing on the painted surfaces of the scooter like side panels or grab rails?

Did the position of the bags, or the mounting straps, interfere with your passenger's comfort on the trip?

·
Super Moderator
8,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No scuffing noticed, and the bags needed minor adjustments (moved back) to make room for passinger's legs. My wife said she liked it better because the bags supported her legs closer to the bike and was more comfortable with them than without them. By putting the one strap (in back) under the grab rail it left enough room for the grab rail and left enough play for fueling.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts