Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put one of my former motorcycles tail bags on my 2023 Burgman 400. The way I’ve got it strapped to the handrails I’d have to remove it to access the under seat storage. Simply done. Not a perfect solution, but a handy storage bag for small errands and small purchases.
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

· Registered
54 Posts
I have a pouch with is similar, and place it on the "Engine Hump" with the straps feeding under the front of the seat. When the seat is closed it is held n place with very little movement. I do have to lift my leg a bit higher to clear the bag, but 'so far' I still have the dexterity to accomplish it.
CHEERS

· Registered
2,662 Posts
If you fasten the straps to the under side of the seat you can then open the seat hatch.
I've done this.

Use the butt-stop positioning rods for the front tie-down points.
Use the seat bumpers on either side of the seat latch as the rear tie-down points.
May need to have a "permanently" attached (removable, but normally left on the bike) set of straps to which the bag is attached. These would connect the rings at the front to the loops at the back, with at least one more between where the rear loops meet the front-to-back straps, to pull them together.

Link to Thread: Passenger Seat Tiedown (Nothing Across Cargo Space)

Detail photos in Post #7

· Premium Member
108 Posts
I just ordered a 40 liter duffle bag. It measures 20" in length and is 10"x10" square at the ends. It should suffice for additional storage on my 650 Burger while doing lite road trips. At 20" wide its almost exactly the same width as the distance between the handrails on each side of the passenger seat making for easy tie downs. And with it being 10x10 square on the ends it will fit nicely between the "butt stop" and the passenger backrest and provide a little lumbar support as a bonus once its filled. Here's a link just in case any of you might be interested in one...they are less than $15 with shipping included!!!

Reactions: Rusty J
1 - 9 of 9 Posts