Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Have been married to the Burgman 400 for 4 plus years and have over 50K miles.

Even though I am in love with the Burgie, to be completely honest I have had wandering eyes on the most beautiful bike I have ever seen. It is a piece of art and the picture below does not do it justice. The Yamaha Roadliner with the custom corbin matching bags.

Just bought it (2006 13k miles for $6800). Flew from Boston to Chicago, bought it off of Craiglist, and drove the 800 pound beast home over the 1000 miles, all 1900 CCs. Frankly, I bought the Roadliner for its looks. I get weak in the knees when I look at it and can sit for ½ hour just gaze at the gobs of chrome and Art Decco design.

However, it rides like a truck. I use the Burgie to commute with and for close rides, and the Roadliner for weekend and long trips. Just came back from a 1250 mile trip to Niagara Falls.

So if you are thinking about having a mistress (cruisers), yes they are beautiful, however for ride quality, ease, and fun to ride, the Burgie has it hands down.

So I have two bikes each with its own purpose.

Doug (Newton MA)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Wow that is nice. Air-cooled, right? Gotta love those pushrods.
Leave it to the Japanese to do V-Twins better.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
There are many of us on the BUSA Forum that have 2 rides just like you do - AND for the same reasons, too! The Burgie is just....plain fun!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts