Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have lived in the desert for 43+ years now. I have posted about riding in 118 and how the temperature gauge will only read 122 max. I've worked and seen 123 degree in Palm Springs back in the 80's. Well today did seem a bit hotter than I have ridden in or worked in and have the pictures to prove it. Just think how hot it was around 4:00pm, I bet it was close to 190 :wink:

Attachments

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hah hah, it's not hot until it's thermo nuclear hot. This summer I'm thinking I might take the truck when it's 115. Tonight the low is 88 and 107 tomorrow. I've ridden when it was 115 more than a few times. Like opening your oven after pre-heating it and getting that blast in your face. All the way home. Dry heat doesn't make it any better once it gets that high.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Dang! I thought I had it bad - I can't compete with 190! It only gets to 95 here most summer days with the occasional foray into the low 100's. We average 6 days per year of 100+ temps. Humidity is usually around 20-30% but has been higher than lately - averaging about 40-45% making it feel hotter than 95.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
100+ and 99% humidity can rival the dry heat too. :thumbup:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Scootereno said:
100+ and 99% humidity can rival the dry heat too. :thumbup:
I'd much rather have dry heat. Its 95 here today - and 12% humidity. I played a round of golf earlier today. With a spray bottle and a cold beer it was rather balmy. :D

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
I had to turn on the heat inside the house yesterday. I almost took a picture of our solid cloudy gray sky. But none of you would believe me...

Chris

·
Registered
85 Posts
Daboo said:
I had to turn on the heat inside the house yesterday. I almost took a picture of our solid cloudy gray sky. But none of you would believe me...

Chris

i would.....

·
Premium Member
2,771 Posts
Ridden in comfort index of 115 degrees here in Kansas City-I believe in 2007. Been up to 106 degrees here a couple of time this summer and about 18 days 100 degrees or more this summer. I can't ride since July 19th, the Burgman won't go no mo'. JC

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
jcdorz said:
Ridden in comfort index of 115 degrees here in Kansas City-I believe in 2007. Been up to 106 degrees here a couple of time this summer and about 18 days 100 degrees or more this summer. I can't ride since July 19th, the Burgman won't go no mo'. JC
So, you're not a fair weather biker; you have a fair weather bike.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
With the heat index this weekend it was 123 :shock: which is just way too hot to ride in. Have been out in the very early morning but they are talking 117 today :cry: When it's 95 at 5:30 am and I run my a/c on the way to work it's not fun or safe to ride in this kind of heat.

·
Registered
305 Posts
In Florida it's 95 to 100 every day with 100% humidity during the summer. I used to never hear of anyone complaining about the heat, but now it's even on the tv shows, and the only place you see people out is either mowing there yards or on the beach, otherwise forget it
The veterans came here after WW2, for a warm climate, now it's a hot climate simply because of replacing natures a/c with asphalt. Too many people.

Butch

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
106 here today a liitle toasty a local guy took a temp reading of the asphalt where they were running a msf course ... 140 i realise thats not air temp but still a little warm

·
Registered
573 Posts
Desert Rat said:
With the heat index this weekend it was 123 :shock: which is just way too hot to ride in. Have been out in the very early morning but they are talking 117 today :cry: When it's 95 at 5:30 am and I run my a/c on the way to work it's not fun or safe to ride in this kind of heat.
I wish I could get the a/c to work on my Burgman. :shock: It only works in the winter. :( 111 here today. Not as hot as where you are but plenty warm.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We set a record of 111 yesterday here for Oct 1 and I rode my Burgman, what a mistake. :cry: When will fall arrive :dontknow: Did take the car with A/C today to work. :wink:

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
NOPE..........! I rode at just 8 degrees just to say that I did it....... Went 20 miles and came back home....

·
Registered
129 Posts
Only 100 or so here today, pretty standard this time of year, and I ride my bike to work almost everyday. Though I have ridden in 120 degree heat on two occasions, it was not fun, and I would rather not do it again. If am going on a longer ride in 100+ heat I do have an evaporation water vest, but even after fully soaked, I only get the full effect for about 30 minutes, and then it is uphill from there. But, those first 30 minutes sure put a smile on my face! :D

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
When I read Desert Rat's post, it was 59F. Tonight on the way home from the jail, it was a balmy 51F. Turned over 20,000 miles with a MPG on the tank of over 65 mpg.

Chris

1 - 19 of 19 Posts